• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

Easily the coolest movie announcement of the lot, with the most straight forward "first appearance" book of any of the other announced titles.

Everyone have their copy of FF 52 already? :baiting:

-J.

hm On it. lol

Honestly, this is probably the film I'm most excited about from yesterday's news. The concept art is killer (one of the rare 60s costumes that doesn't need an overhaul for a 2014 audience) and is going to look fantastic on the big screen.

I know next to nothing about the Black Panther, but I think Chadwick Boseman will be great as a lead, and frankly I really like that a black actor will be the star of a Marvel film. Hoping to see something fresh and different from a big-budget superhero movie. Bring it on!

Sam's feelings got hurt

1084_a5ac.gif

lol Point taken. But a big difference between Fury supporting the Avengers vs a full movie starring a black hero.

Oh no...now he's moved through the stage of sadness and into anger...

wGvqHj8.gif

Easily the coolest movie announcement of the lot, with the most straight forward "first appearance" book of any of the other announced titles.

-J.

of course

-J.

Nope. Sold my CGC 8.5 copy last year :frustrated:

Shouldn't we post the prelim poster art from Marvel for this?

544fe3109623b.jpg

Just awesome!

If they don't change this, I will be very very happy. I know he is going to be one of the best moving superheroes out. If you look at how Cap moved in the winter soldier, Panther is going to shine. T'Challa rocks.

Chadwick Boseman Says Marvel Are Trying Something "A Little Different" With BLACK PANTHER

------------------

"The reaction on stage at the El Capitan Theater was, like, amazing. The way that Marvel set it up and wanted to surprise people with it, it was one of the best surprises that I've ever been a part of. I've heard from a lot of my friends, and a lot of people I don't know have congratulated me -- but I've actually not heard a lot from other people because I went away. I tried to get away from everything just to ground myself. But it's been amazing. I'm so excited! I'm ready to start right now, and they're telling me, 'Slow down a little bit!'" It's never been done....It's been done before in different ways, but it's never been done exactly like this. Wesley Snipes also had his own franchise -- you have to acknowledge that. You have to acknowledge what [Anthony] Mackie's doing [with the Falcon]. But this is a little different in the way that Marvel is presenting it, so it's amazing."

------------------

I just got done watching '42' with Chadwick Boseman and Nicole 'Sleepy Hollow' Beharie. A fantastic movie all around!

:applause:

If Boseman delivers even 75% of the performance he contributed in '42', then 'Black Panther' is going to be a huge, huge hit.

:wishluck:

Speaking of Black Panther...

Chadwick Boseman Talks Prepping For 'Black Panther' Role In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

-----------------

"I'll be in Captain America: Civil War," he told reporters. "We're preparing for that right now as well; [i'm] just sort of beginning the workout for that. We also have A Message From the King which will happen before [Civil War]." Meanwhile, IMDB asked Boseman what did he do right after finding out the casting was official. "I told some of my close friends," Chadwick replied. "I had to keep quiet about it, so there wasn't a lot I could do to be honest. It was mainly after it was announced I could celebrate it with people. Just to spend some time with people that I care about afterwards. I'm actually preparing for another role at this moment. A Message From the King is the movie I'm doing next. I'm doing prep for that. To some degree, there are some things I have to do at the same time. Black Panther will have its time when it gets complete focus."

-----------------

Is that a Marvel One-Shot he is referring to?