• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, paperheart said:

Lost in Translation, The Beguiled, hm

Yeah - really?

First I've heard the theory that Copolla shadow-directed his daughter's films. If you're going that rott, why not also put The Virgin Suicides on the list? It was a bit too arty for my tastes, but still decent.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:38 PM, Black_Adam said:

Finally saw it this weekend (wanted to see it before Infinity War) and completely agree: very underwhelming. There were some good performances (Winston Duke as Man-Ape) but the plot was far too predictable. Near the bottom of my Marvel movie rankings.

Finally watched it last night. Maybe I was expecting too much based on the revenue numbers and the hype, but I was pretty underwhelmed (even with a few drinks in me).

It just felt like an adult version of The Lion King - too "Disney-fied" (like GotG2).

At least I've caught up on all the movies, ready to see Infinity War this weekend :banana:

-bc

Saw the movie yesterday as my wife wanted to see it. I really enjoyed the first half of the movie but quickly lost interest once they had captured Klaw. The action was fun but the one on one fight scenes seem boring. I can’t speak too much some of the politics etc they didn’t bother me nor did I focus on them too much.

Overall I give it 3/5. The first half again for me was 4/5 and the second half 2/5

not bad, not great, not boring like some of the other marvel movies 

On 5/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Box Office Mojo: All Time Box Office Worldwide Grosses

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

+BO-WW.jpg

time for an update. it's official, HP went down.  4 of the top 9 from the MCU.

Edited by paperheart

On 5/12/2018 at 10:27 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Saw the movie yesterday as my wife wanted to see it. I really enjoyed the first half of the movie but quickly lost interest once they had captured Klaw. The action was fun but the one on one fight scenes seem boring. I can’t speak too much some of the politics etc they didn’t bother me nor did I focus on them too much.

Overall I give it 3/5. The first half again for me was 4/5 and the second half 2/5

just saw it too. it was okay. would have liked more Klaw action. really liked the rhinos. not as enthralled with the bratty little sister as some were.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:27 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I agree 100%.   Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed it and found it very entertaining.....but the way everyone has hyped this movie as if it was "the greatest movie of all time"....please.   

On 5/14/2018 at 1:25 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Black Panther's Letitia Wright Breaks Down Technology in the Movie | Vanity Fair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxhim8o9lDA

What little I viewed of this movie (I'm saving it for Saturday night,) I absolutely love this actress (plus she was in a great Doctor Who episode.) :luhv: