• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know we've talked about movie sub forums in the past...

61 posts in this topic

Seriously…I was just about to start this thread too. I volunteer to moderate it….or even let Bosco moderate if it is a question of moderators.

We got about 30 comic movies coming in the next 6 years. This is going to cause a lot of discussion.

Plus if everyone wants to post their own thread to review the movies…jeez, that's a lot of threads.

The way things are going, it could almost become a comics sub forum with the movies having the main forum. :o

I mean, heck, almost half the comics talk is because of a movie bump.

Bingo!

And a lot of great discussions going on not only about the movies, but also the related comic books.

The way things are going, it could almost become a comics sub forum with the movies having the main forum. :o

Bingo!

And a lot of great discussions going on not only about the movies, but also the related comic books.

People are not talking about the books specifically. They are talking about the values.

Personally, I'd vote for a movie sub forum at this point. This is still a site that is about graded books.

I disagree. How many threads on the front page are about films? 5 or 6? Maybe more. Heck, most of the actual discussion in CG is in the movie threads.

If we start a movie sub forum, should we also start an eBay sub forum? What about an auction sites sub forum?

When all the discussions are removed, will CG just be Kav's playground?

I disagree. How many threads on the front page are about films? 5 or 6? Maybe more. Heck, most of the actual discussion in CG is in the movie threads.

If we start a movie sub forum, should we also start an eBay sub forum? What about an auction sites sub forum?

When all the discussions are removed, will CG just be Kav's playground?

:popcorn:

Comics General has always been the place to come for a broad overview of All Things Fandom. What'd you find at the flea market? What are you reading besides comics? Con reports (both the latest conventions and the latest confidence games). Statues, video games, and...movies.

If a topic is too far afield it's yanked soon enough. Plus there's all the other forums for specifics. No need to cull movies from general conversations.

Bingo!

People are not talking about the books specifically. They are talking about the values.

Personally, I'd vote for a movie sub forum at this point. This is still a site that is about graded books.

I don't think I suggested otherwise on a sub-forum. So if you read anything different from that, you misunderstood.

I was saying the movie and TV show threads are sparking a lot of discussion. And no - it is not all about 'how much can I make off these' as the main topic. There are individual threads in Modern and Copper focused on that topic. The primary discussions have been about excitement or disappointment with casting, storylines, release dates, etc.

But if that is not what other people are in to in Comics General, then all these threads can be overwhelming at times.

...how about now?

for what purpose, the movie threads do a lot more to make CG worth reading, as opposed to just high post count n00bs mocking low post count newbs and making inside jokes.

NEWB

Short for “newbie,” a newb is just someone who is new to something, but they’re usually humble and ready to learn. Like a baby deer on ice, their incompetence is endearing, and people generally flock to help them find their footing.

NOOB

Also spelled n00b (with zeros), this is actually a derogatory term saved for arrogant yet ignorant know-it-alls, who make fools of themselves by spreading negativity, making erroneous claims, and just being all-around unpleasant individuals.

Comics General is mostly n00bs, and I say kudos for Comic movies in starting to overrun the d-baggery in this part of the boards. If movies had blew up ten years ago, we wouldnt need things like threads attempting to make CG a better place.

NEWB

Short for “newbie,” a newb is just someone who is new to something, but they’re usually humble and ready to learn. Like a baby deer on ice, their incompetence is endearing, and people generally flock to help them find their footing.

NOOB

Also spelled n00b (with zeros), this is actually a derogatory term saved for arrogant yet ignorant know-it-alls, who make fools of themselves by spreading negativity, making erroneous claims, and just being all-around unpleasant individuals.

Comics General is mostly n00bs, and I say kudos for Comic movies in starting to overrun the d-baggery in this part of the boards. If movies had blew up ten years ago, we wouldnt need things like threads attempting to make CG a better place.

Thanks for the info n00b

Seriously…I was just about to start this thread too. I volunteer to moderate it….or even let Bosco moderate if it is a question of moderators.

We got about 30 comic movies coming in the next 6 years. This is going to cause a lot of discussion.

Plus if everyone wants to post their own thread to review the movies…jeez, that's a lot of threads.

+1 Meeklo moderating it

Bosco has a conflict of interest based on his stock portfolio