• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Original 'Thor' Director Comments On 'Thor: Ragnarok'

Recently, Coming Soon had the chance to speak with Kenneth Branagh about his latest work on Murder on the Orient Express. It was there Branagh was asked if he’d seen Thor: Ragnarok yet, but the actor revealed he’s been too busy to catch a screening just yet.

“No, but I look forward to it very much,” Branagh admitted.

“Really look forward to the fact that it’s clearly so different in tone, although Kevin Feige was in touch recently very sweetly, to say they use a bit of Patrick Doyle’s theme from the first movie and it’s quite a touching moment at the end of a great fun space adventure that sort of let’s you know the roots from which it came. They all sort of join up.”

Continuing, the director said he’s happy to see Chris Hemsworth give a new spin on the God of Thunder.

“I’m very pleased it seems so releasing for Chris that the character’s been re-energized. Taika’s a terrific director, and a sense of fun and adventure with the character is also very pleasing to see. I’m proud to have been a small part of that universe and to have dealt with that subject tonally at a time when we were all pretty sweaty about whether we could make it work on its own, let alone as part of the great edifice that is now the MCU!”

That's good to hear Feige was in touch with Branagh. There was talk about bad feelings after the first Thor movie. I wouldn't be surprised this had something to do with the MCC early on.

1 hour ago, comic_memories said:

yep to WW and  it does have a better revenue ratio then GOTG2 already ( for what that's worth) guardians did very, very  well domestically. 

It's very complex. One business person says to another business person, "How much additional revenue can I make if I invest THIS much?" So if someone accurately determines you can make X.X over your investment, it's a successful investment. And probably leads to more.

:whatthe:

The interesting shift that took place from The Avengers and beyond is that is when Marvel saw an average Revenue Return/Revenue Ratio of 4.X, as prior to that only Iron Man (2008) had that response. Whedon's comedy/action framework made a huge difference for the MCU.

UVAcUBQ.png

Edited by Bosco685

On 24/11/2017 at 11:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

Original 'Thor' Director Comments On 'Thor: Ragnarok'

That's good to hear Feige was in touch with Branagh. There was talk about bad feelings after the first Thor movie. I wouldn't be surprised this had something to do with the MCC early on.

Exactly. The MCU was going down a very different path when IH was made.

The decision to alter the plan happened during Avengers when Whedon introduced Thanos and the concept of the Infinity Stones (hence the rejig short explaining Stark's cameo in IH and the reveal that the Gauntlet in Thor was a fake).

Whedon and the brothers Russo have really created the MCU that exists now.

Disney has yet again achieved $5B in movie box office receipts.

Disney Crosses $5B Global Box Office As ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Hammers $800M WW

On Wednesday, The Walt Disney Studios rocked across the $5B mark in worldwide receipts — for the third year in a row. That makes The Mouse the first, and only, studio to have reached the threshold three times. The global total from January 1-November 29, 2017, is $5,003.1M. Breaking that down, it’s $1,763.3M domestically and $3,239.8M at the international box office.

The milestone comes as current Marvel smash Thor: Ragnarok is expected to surpass $800M globally today. Of the 17 films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thor 3 is the 7th to reach the mark, and the 3rd this year.

It’s fair to say Disney is having a fantastic year — and all ahead of the impending release of Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Four of the top nine highest grossing films of 2017 are from the studio.

They include Beauty and the Beast ($1.26B WW/$504.0M domestic/$759.7M intl). The Bill Condon-directed pic is the No. 1 movie of the year domestically, and No. 4 offshore. It’s also the No. 8 film ever domestically and No. 10 overseas.