• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I'm not watching the trailers.  Concerned, as usual, about having the film itself spoiled. 

Glad to hear everything looks promising, though.

Unless you don't see any films at the theater till Ragnarok comes out, it's going to be hard to avoid this trailer.

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

Unless you don't see any films at the theater till Ragnarok comes out, it's going to be hard to avoid this trailer.

The only one I might go to see is GOTG 2.  When I watched Dr Strange, I avoided the GOTG 2 trailer by using a brilliantly-timed restroom visit, returning to the IMAX theatre only a few seconds after the trailer had finished. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The only one I might go to see is GOTG 2.  When I watched Dr Strange, I avoided the GOTG 2 trailer by using a brilliantly-timed restroom visit, returning to the IMAX theatre only a few seconds after the trailer had finished. 

Now that is some hardcore dedication.

1 hour ago, MetalPSI™ said:

Not that I am adverse to Zep, but still think this is a much better tune to use for this

Yup.  Good death metal track there.  I said jokingly, in a post a while back, that it's 'Uru-heavy', but there's much heavier and more punishing music.  Possibly too hardcore for a surround system in a cinema auditorium, which is a shame.

Edited by Ken Aldred

God, that's what my brother makes me listen to every time I'm in the car with him (he has at least 1 Amon Amarth shirt). It's either death metal or black metal all the time. I asked him what the difference is & he said one has more of a growl for the vocals.:cry::cry::cry:

I don't mind the music but the vocals are annoying. I would have been into it 20 years ago, but now it just irritates me.

THOR: RAGNAROK Director Taika Waititi Will Play PLANET HULK Character Korg In The Movie

150447.jpg

It's now been confirmed that fan-favorite Planet Hulk gladiator Korg the Kronan will feature in Thor: Ragnarok, and that director Taika Waititi will play the character via motion capture.

Apparently, Waititi dropped by the studio's "Open House" tour himself to break the news, revealing that he'll be bringing the Kronan warrior to life via motion-capture. “Being so big he’s a slugger, he’s not very graceful. He sort of hits hard,” Watiti said of his take on the character.

Now if Marvel are clever, Hela will reference the Convergence and that it weakened the portal between worlds and allowed her to pass into Asgard.

And...her trump card might be freeing Surtur from Muspelheim, thinking he can be controlled. Thor and the Hulk then team up to defeat the demon.

I can see a roaring Hulk leaping at a giant Surtur.

That would be fun.

zxox1rgX.jpg

Following Empire Magazine's spectacular Spider-Man: Homecoming cover, they've released a thunderous new promotional still from Marvel Studios' final release of the year - Thor: Ragnarok.

Chris Hemsworth features as the God of Thunder, who is sporting a fresh new cut and is suited-up in colorful new battle armor, preparing himself for an epic battle with an old friend from work. The photo is hardly revealing, but the magazine teases that we should be hearing a lot more about the film when their latest issue hits newsstands on May 18.

Thor: Ragnarok Reportedly Undergoing Reshoots

Now that Thor: Ragnarok — Marvel Studios’ last film for 2017 — is the next film on the docket, we’re hearing reports that the movie will be undergoing some reshoots to prepare for its final cut.

Though principal photography for the film wrapped up in Queensland, Australia, last October, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that Marvel Studios is looking to cast extras for Taika Waititi’s movie in the Atlanta area.

Filming will take place on July 12 and 19, and they’re looking to cast “Caucasian-looking men who are over 18 and between 5'10" and 6’1”.”