• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Marvel Might Have Given Japan A Better Title For THOR: RAGNAROK

Thor-_Ragnarok-_Trailer-_Gladiator-_Weap

Longtime Marvel Comics editor, writer and current Senior Vice President of Creative & Creator Development C.B. Cebulski has revealed a new Japanese poster for Thor: Ragnarok. The imagery is the same as the U.S. poser but the title of the film being released there is quite different.

As Japan is culturally unfamiliar with the term of "Ragnarok" Marvel Studios has elected to title the film, Mighty Thor: Battle Royale. That's definitely playing up the Planet Hulk aspect of the film and leads us to wonder just how much time will the Taika Waititi-directed pic spend in The Gradmaster's gladiator arena?

bQPmiBV.jpg

Thor: Ragnarok SDCC LEGO Model First Look Revealed

thor-ragnarok-lego-model-sdcc-2017-4-101

As preview night of SDCC17 kicks off, Marvel and LEGO are teasing fans with an epic exclusive it will debut at the convention: a life-size LEGO model of Chris Hemsworth Thor!

LEGO often comes to the big comic conventions with some kind of awesome model to display to legions of paparazzi-minded fans - and this, Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok will be the subject, as it happens to be the next Marvel Cinematic Universe movie coming to theaters (Nov. 3).

New Thor Rognarok trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi305248537

<iframe src="http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi305248537/imdb/embed?autoplay=false&width=640" width="640" height="360" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" frameborder="no" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Edited by chezmtghut

I know this would be a huge amount of ground to cover but I would love to see this happen, already have Surter present and who else is going to counter him? Story already has the Hela sublot also. 

Thor353.jpg

6 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

New Thor Rognarok trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi305248537

<iframe src="http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi305248537/imdb/embed?autoplay=false&width=640" width="640" height="360" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" frameborder="no" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Just drop in the direct link to a video. The board software does the rest.

I liked the last trailer more. Though it is really cool to hear the Hulk talk - and still mock Thor.

lol

Another solid actor.

Clancy Brown is Voicing Surtur in Thor: Ragnarok

Clancy-Brown-and-Surtur-from-Thor-Ragnar

Clancy Brown will be voicing the fire demon Surtur in Thor: Ragnarok. He joins the already star-studded cosmic adventure presumably working alongside Cate Blanchett as Hela. Since the Asgardian God of Thunder will be spending some time in Hel, he and Hulk will have another villain to go up against.

It’s been known that Surtur would be that threat thanks to a recent Funko figure. A giant beast, he has the power to manipulate fire with naturally devastating consequences to those he uses it against. He’s got strength proportionate to his height, and since he towers at 1000 feet he’s more than a match for normal beings. That said, he does have a weakness for extreme cold; maybe Thor and Loki could try their luck with the Ice Giants?

6 hours ago, fett said:

I know this would be a huge amount of ground to cover but I would love to see this happen, already have Surter present and who else is going to counter him? Story already has the Hela sublot also. 

Thor353.jpg

This issue was my first thought too back when the movie title was first announced. 

3 hours ago, kimik said:

So, are they going for a GotG remake in this one? lol

Looks okay, but the last trailer was better. The Surtur battle scene should be great.

I hope Surter gets his liver eaten with some fava beans and a nice chianti! :) Jolly Green Hopkins would be awesome. 

17 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Hulk vs Fenris and Surtur. Nuff Said.

My first reaction is that they potentially killed a future Thor movie theme by just going with a brief Fenris and Surtur intro. Same with blending the WW Hulk storyline but its obviously a bigger part of this movie and makes sense. Beta Ray Bill would be a natural to battle in the arena so maybe he gets his hammer in this movie along with Thor assuming that his hammer is rebuild? [There must be a tie in to Surtur somehow?] In that one scene it looks like Thor is absorbing the Odin power.