• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bill C said:

Had nothing to do with Thor's personality, ability, or world. Why even use the material if you deviate so much from it that it's unrecognizable. 

Listening to the dialogue I kept thinking I was watching some cheesy teen sitcom or something. Even many of Hela's lines were literally slapstick comedy.

Loki was spot on as usual. Nothing else was right for the world of Thor.

someone should re-edit this movie with a laugh track

Thor 3 goes into opening Domestic Box Office opening weekend with a healthy start from the earlier International Box Office markets.

pXjDrGC.png

Add to this the Thursday night strong opening, and it is sounding like come Sunday there are going to be some super-impressive numbers. But the audience reaction score is very telling how long this will bring in the bucks based on word of mouth.

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Hammers Mighty $14.5M Thursday Night; Opening Looking At $105M-$110M – Friday AM Update

Thor: Ragnarok has come in at the high end of the range we saw last night with $14.5 million. Per Deadline sources, late yesterday we saw Thor: Ragnarok between $12M-$14M with ComScore/Screen Engine Post Trak audiences delivering a very rare 5 out of 5 stars.

Based on Thor: Ragnarok‘s Thursday night and what rivals are spotting for advance ticket sales and matinees right now, Thor Ragnarok is looking at a $37M-$42M Friday which would put it in a $105M-$110M opening weekend. Pretty damn good. Worldwide, by the end of the weekend, Thor: Ragnarok is expected to stand atop $400M-plus.

And over 4K theaters this weekend.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Thor 3 goes into opening Domestic Box Office opening weekend with a healthy start from the earlier International Box Office markets.

pXjDrGC.png

Add to this the Thursday night strong opening, and it is sounding like come Sunday there are going to be some super-impressive numbers. But the audience reaction score is very telling how long this will bring in the bucks based on word of mouth.

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Hammers Mighty $14.5M Thursday Night; Opening Looking At $105M-$110M – Friday AM Update

7K8yT8Y.png

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

some of the comments have me worried as I will be seeing this film this evening. Going to go into it with low expectations.

Don't worry, if you liked the other Marvel movie's you'll like this.  More of the fun from Gotg without any touchy feely (which would be too hard to do with gods etc imo).

I don't get the hate on the funny campness of the movie.  I think they were playing to the strengths of the Thor cast, I don't recall any negative lines or anything.  Nothing felt forced to me.   

My “hate” is against those who had an issue with MOS because they felt they didn’t stay true to the character. I think they took IMHO a very boring/inaccessible character/world in Thor and made him entertaining. Great job. However this is not Thor and that’s ok. Just like the Superman in MOS is ok. 

10 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

My “hate” is against those who had an issue with MOS because they felt they didn’t stay true to the character. I think they took IMHO a very boring/inaccessible character/world in Thor and made him entertaining. Great job. However this is not Thor and that’s ok. Just like the Superman in MOS is ok. 

well put.

I don't think I've ever seen another movie that captured the look of a comic book so perfectly before. The action and the humor worked in tandem with each other. I don't think the movie was as overly comedic as some of the reviews say. There's plenty of drama and heartfelt moments. It may be my favorite Marvel movie. The friend I went with who is not a comic book fan loved it equally. I hope Justice League is as good.

I went with my husband and 2 friends, we all enjoyed it and at least 2 of the others had no idea who anyone was,

Spoiler

they didn't remember that Loki was Masquerading as Odin  in the last movie, either. 

I loved Loki, great job and Cate Blanchette was awesome.

I don't mind the comedy if it makes my friends enjoy the movie more.

So this rating is based on my friend's impression of it.  She has no idea if it stays true to the comic or is even aware of what "Justice League" is.  She is 23 and is the definition of a hip/fashionable millennial (just to give a rough idea of who she is).

She gives the movie a 9.5/10.  Thought it was one of the best movie she saw this year and laughed from beginning to end.  Wants to see it again but I'm going to force her to watch Justice League insteadlol.