• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Tom Hiddleston Might Not Return For Thor 3?

Now having Loki featured in Thor 3 seems to be up in the air as well, and this is after Kevin Feige already confirmed Hiddleston for Thor 3.

Tom Hiddleston's latest movie, Crimson Peak, hits next month, and Coming Soon talked with the actor about Loki, who mentioned he doesn't even know if Loki is going to happen again.

"You know, I don’t know. I think I won’t be able to help it if I ever play him again, and I just don’t know when that’s gonna happen, if that’s gonna happen."

It's possible Hiddleston could just be playing coy, as the actor does mention he has talked with Chris Hemsworth.

"I would never lose [Loki's] dimension, but it’s so interesting. I’ve talked with Chris Hemsworth, how those characters have changed as we’ve changed. It’s five years ago since I played him for the first time. That’s a long time ago. So who knows what I’ll be cooking up!"

Hiddleston's Loki is the best MCU character.

100 percent agree! I didn't realize it until I watched Avengers 2.

What a difference between Ultron and Loki in Avengers 1 and 2.

Loki made Ultron look lame.

I`m all for giving Loki his own movie, as long as Hiddleston plays him.

I`m all for giving Loki his own movie, as long as Hiddleston play him.

Loki was the star of A1. Ultron helped ruin A2.

Ultron was fine. It was the guys pulling his strings that ruined him.

Whoever came up with the cheesy one liners ruined the film.

Whoever came up with the cheesy one liners ruined the film.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, but the one line that I cannot stand from the movie is when Ultron is talking to the Maximoffs and says the line about humans making smaller humans and not knowing what a "smaller human" is called, or whatever it was.

What We Do in the Shadows director in negotiations to direct Thor: Ragnarok

After rumours of Kenneth Branagh returning to the franchise proved false, Marvel began to reach out to many potential directors to helm THOR: RAGNAROK, and now The Wrap is reporting that Taika Waititi, co-director of WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS, is in negotiations to take on the job.

According to The Wrap, Waititi beat out Ruben Fleischer (ZOMBIELAND) for the gig, with THR adding that Rob Letterman (GOOSEBUMPS) and Rawson Marshall Thurber (DODGEBALL) were also in the running. Taika Waititi may not be the most obvious choice for a big Marvel film, but the studio has definitely been moving towards hiring indie talent over more established directors these last few years. Taika Waititi's most recent film, WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS, was a vampire mockumentary which he co-wrote and co-directed with Jemaine Clement, as well as starring in the film as Viago.

Where Marvel Fans Probably Will See Mark Ruffalo's Hulk Next

Marvel’s Phase Three seems to be marked by multiple high-profile team ups. Ant-Man is coming back, with The Wasp at his side. Captain America’s sprint through the Civil War will showcase nearly a dozen different superheroes. And now we’re getting a report that Thor: Ragnarok could have a meaty cameo from Mark Ruffalo’s jolly green giant, The Hulk.

JoBlo is going on record with this rumor, stating that Ruffalo’s Hulk will team up with Chris Hemsworth’s Thor to handle "what amounts to the Norse Apocalypse" in Thor: Ragnarok. Here’s a twist, though. They are reporting that the war will occur on a distant planet that isn’t Asgard, and isn’t Earth. JoBlo says that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Sif (Jaimie Alexander) are confirmed for the third Thor movie, which may be directed by Taika Waititi.

When last we saw Hulk, he’d escaped the action at the end of The Avengers: Age of Ultron and had ditched his Quinjet somewhere in the vicinity of Fiji. Marvel fans (and, yes, ourselves included) have spent a decent amount of time deducing places where the wandering behemoth could be heading. The prevalent notion was that Hulk would end up in space, either teaming with the Guardians of the Galaxy or setting up his own Planet Hulk story.

Those options remains open even if Hulk teams up with Thor for Thor: Ragnarok. In fact, if Thor embarks on a celestial adventure with the God of Thunder, it almost makes those other possibilities more likely. Thor and Hulk battling forces on a distant planet? What if, at the end of that conflict, Bruce Banner (Ruffalo) decides to stay on that remote rock, realizing it’s the only place where he’s not a threat to anyone?

Where it was being mentioned before as a rumor, now it is confirmed.

Mark Ruffalo Bringing Hulk Into ‘Thor: Ragnarok’

Marvel Studios is near a deal with Mark Ruffalo to bring his Hulk character to Thor: Ragnarok, the third installment of the series that stars Chris Hemsworth as the hammer-wielding Norse god. The film will be directed by Taika Waititi, the New Zealand-born filmmaker whose credits include the indie Eagle Vs Shark and last year’s Sundance vampire mockumentary What We Do In The Shadows. Thor: The Dark WorldDisney has set a November 3, 2017, release date for Thor 3.

But that doesn't guarantee he will take it into a standalone Hulk movie yet. Yet!

:wishluck: