• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, comicquant said:

Saw it tonight and had a blast.  Easily one of the best marvel movies to date.  The way they emulated the comic’s visual landscape was insane.  For the first two movies I always perceived thor as awkward and out of context but feel that was fixed this time around.  They took some risks but they really seemed to have paid off!  This will be one of the few movies I’ll watch over and over again.  

+1

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Was posted earlier today one page back.

Very  good news, (In  some ways) Marvel doesn't have sequels.. Its  part of an ongoing story,  a  fun movement of fans and moviegoers that have invested in this for years and years.  Many young people have grown up  with the Marvel Universe as a normal, expected part of life.  This movie is a BLAST !!

12 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

8.5/10 for me.  

A very enjoyable movie that pleasantly surprised in some spots and let me down a little in others.

The comedy aspect worked very well and while there was a lot of it, it didn't seem forced.  The character that I was most apprehensive about was Korg, but even he had some pretty funny lines.

One of the disappointments:

Reveal hidden contents

A movie that has Ragnarok in the title, and Surtur seemed to be comedy relief and a plot advancement.  I would like to have seen more of him as an actual villain .

Could have used a little less "Immigrant Song" as I was surprised that they used it again in the final battle.  Less is more sort of thing for me.

Loved the Korg lines. Especially the 'new Doug' farewell to Thor.

lol

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Turns out there was going to be a Beta Ray Bill appearance. But they pulled it for all the right reasons.

THOR: RAGNAROK: Here's Why Marvel Decided To Scrap Beta Ray Bill's Planned Cameo

So at least they went with...

Hide contents

thor%20ragnarok%20tower%20easter%20egg.j

...the Grandmaster Tower with Beta Ray Bill's likeness, in addition to Man-Thing, Ares and Bi-Beast. Though I wonder if they will ever explain the backstory why these are shown here.

thor-ragnarok-marvel-easer-eggs.jpg

Is that the way the building looked in the film? I don't recall seeing the Man-Thing, in that spot was the champion Hulk's face (what I remember seeing).

Or am I losing it?

Just now, Artboy99 said:

Is that the way the building looked in the film? I don't recall seeing the Man-Thing, in that spot was the champion Hulk's face (what I remember seeing).

Or am I losing it?

hm  I seem to remember him being there.  Maybe we're both losing it.

3 minutes ago, N e r V said:

???

I only saw me posting it but if you say so. I missed it?

Link and all.

On 11/3/2017 at 12:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

Thor 3 goes into opening Domestic Box Office opening weekend with a healthy start from the earlier International Box Office markets.

pXjDrGC.png

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Is The Box Office God Of Thunder With $46M Friday; $115M-$120M Opening – Late Night Update

According to latenight ticket sales right now, Thor: Ragnarok has clocked a $46M opening day (including $14.5M previews) and is flying toward an opening between $115M-$120M at 4,080 theaters, the 7th best opening in November, and the 9th title to open north of $100M for the month.

CinemaScore audiences gave Thor: Ragnarok an ‘A’ CinemaScore tonight, the 12th ‘A’ earned by a Marvel Cinematic Universe title, and the highest CinemaScore ever for a Thor movie. With each movie, the audience response has gotten better moving from a B+ with Thor to A- with Thor: Dark World to now.

With an 'A' CinemaScore, it is guaranteed word-of-mouth is going to help this movie soar. How the heck 'Dark World' scored better than the first movie is beyond me. But that demonstrates some of the lack of sensitivity with these movies to a lackluster --script sometimes over the excitement to see these characters appear.

3 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

He just didn't seem funny in the trailer, but they really upped his game in the movie.

He seemed like a straight man in the trailers, but turned out funnier in the movie.

Spoiler

His sharing with Thor about starting a revolution, but he didn't print enough pamphlets to have people show up leading to him being defeated. But he was ready to start it again if Thor wanted to join.

lol

I need to go back and read up on this character if this is a play on some backstory. He seemed fixated on it.

1 minute ago, comic_memories said:

for sure.. this just has Fridays take and international to date,, I still think this will be a BILLION dollar baby

If it didn't have competition.  Don't forget what's coming down the pipeline this month and next.

That BILLION mark isn't impossible...just might be tough...but a success nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

for sure.. this just has Fridays take and international to date,, I still think this will be a BILLION dollar baby

It's last week's International Box Office since the movie opened earlier in certain markets.

'BILLION dollar baby' - not sure of that just yet. But it will be a huge success nonetheless.

11 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

That BILLION mark isn't impossible...just might be tough...but a success nonetheless.

I typed my response before reading yours. At least I am in good company.

lol

My wife and I saw the 1:30pm showing today, it was basically sold out.  I loved the movie, easily the best of the three Thor movies.  My wife however didn't care for it, she said it was the worst of the three movies.

I thought everything "clicked", especially Goldblum, that guy was awesome.  My wife said she got way to much of an "80's" vibe which turned her off.