• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Went saw this movie with friends today. I liked how the movie run to the ending, some scenes were funny in expression. Some good fights.

Spoiler

I love when Thor said “Now it’s in my brain” as Hulk walked by him naked from his bath.lol

I've watched a few Taika Waititi interviews online over the past few days. He really is as zany as the characters he creates on screen.

‘Thor: Ragnorok’s Taika Waititi: “It’s My Opening Weekend - I Can Say Whatever The F*&^ I Want”

taika-waititi.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

In what could easily be deemed as the most entertaining panel of the day, Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi took the stage at Deadline’s The Contenders event during the massive $118M+ opening weekend of the Disney Marvel film. “By the way, this is whisky and coffee,” Waititi shared, seemingly to explain his eccentric behavior, which garnered big laughs from the audience. “It’s my opening weekend I can say whatever the f*&^ I want.”

Waititi kept it honest throughout the panel discussion, which was moderated by Deadline’s Anthony D’Alessandro. When asked about why he decided to take on such a tentpole like Thor, “Money, straight up,” he zinged saying he has two children who “cost mess loads of money.” He admitted not having much experience in the arena. “Full disclose, I’ve never made a superhero movie before.” His movies were more around the budgets where he’s cutting up carrots for the crew. “So I thought Marvel didn’t care anymore,” he zinged.  “My strengths were tone and that’s it,” he joked before adding more attributes like character, dialogue, and humor, which was clear. “I said ‘you guys can take care of the explosion, I’ll focus on what I’ve done before,” he continued, “and I didn’t get fired because I’m a G.”

Waititi did not hold back during his turn onstage at the DGA, where ironically, he shared his membership was recently reinstated after being suspended for four months. “I think it was something to do with money, which ain’t a problem anymore!”

lol

Edited by Bosco685

Without even final Domestic Box Office numbers, the International Box Office came through landing the Worldwide at 2.0X production budget.

xXL8FBS.png

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Flexes His Box Office Muscles To $121M Opening – Sunday AM Update

Disney is calling Marvel’s Thor Ragnarok at $121M which is bigger than we thought, eclipsing the top of the pic’s industry tracking range which was at $100M-$120M heading into the weekend. Some rivals even believe that Ragnarok could final at $122M by tomorrow AM. Ragnarok‘s Saturday at $44.4M was only off 5% off from its $46.8M opening,  but remember that figure includes $14.5M previews. Backing out previews (which would be a $32.3M Friday),  Saturday is really up +37%.

:whee:

Saw it yesterday and thought it was very good.  Can’t think of a way I’d make it better so I’ll give it a rare A rating.  There was a half dozen laugh out loud parts and it flowed very well from start to finish.  I’d definitely watch it again.

Spoiler alert. 

I noticed some differences between the trailers and the the final movie. In the trailer, the scene where Hela destroys Mjolnir looks like it's in a city-scape, but in the the movie the scene takes place out on an open, grassy cliff near the shore. Also, in the trailer, Thor lands on the  Rainbow Bridge with all his lightning powers oozing from his body and both eyes, but in the movie at the point of this scene, he has one eye. Are there any other discrepancies between the trailers and what was in the final cut of the movie? 

25 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

Spoiler alert. 

I noticed some differences between the trailers and the the final movie. In the trailer, the scene where Hela destroys Mjolnir looks like it's in a city-scape, but in the the movie the scene takes place out on an open, grassy cliff near the shore. Also, in the trailer, Thor lands on the  Rainbow Bridge with all his lightning powers oozing from his body and both eyes, but in the movie at the point of this scene, he has one eye. Are there any other discrepancies between the trailers and what was in the final cut of the movie? 

These differences have already been addressed by the director.  The felt that the hammer destroyed scene worked better in the tranquil setting where Odin died, rather than the original city scene.  The changes at the rainbow bridge were intentional misdirection because they did not want to reveal a specific plot point, namely Thor losing his eye.

The only other "major" scene change is the Loki flipping the daggers on the bridge scene was removed.  The explanation I saw was Loki originally switched sides again and was at some point aiding Hela, thus the Sakar warriors seeming to line up behind him.  The writers decided to change direction and make Loki side with Thor.

Saw it with the wife over the weekend and we both loved it from start to finish.

Loved the reference to Frog Thor. Thought they might explain why Hulk can suddenly talk. Korg needs his own TV show.

And, more importantly, Tessa Thompson - great as she was - is a Valkyrie, not the Valkyrie.:whistle:

I enjoyed it. I liked the Bi-Beast(3 Heads though I think) cameo I mean really the Bi-Beast I love the little details.

Hulk I thought stole the show for me. The trailers at the end sucked especially the last one it was unneeded. 
Looks like JMS Thor storyline will get popular now as Asgard comes to Earth or at least tries. Its almost the Beta Ray
Bill story in a way.

Very nicely done overall. Well paced and not much wasted. Not a smash hit, but a well done flick with humor.

Hi all -

Enjoyed the movie -- 7.5/10 for me.  Occasionally one joke too many in a serious context, but there were actually more poignant scenes than I thought.  I liked how they handled Odin and Dr. Strange, and some of the Thor-Loki brother conversations hit effective notes.  Acting was strong across the board, visuals were very cool, and Blanchett chewed scenery nicely as Hela.  Really liked Tessa Thompson as well.  

And Jeff Goldblum gets 10 out of 10 Goldblums for his Goldblumesque performance.  Really can't wait to see him and Benecio Del Toro in a Collector-Grandmaster scene sometime soon.

Dan

8 hours ago, drotto said:

These differences have already been addressed by the director.  The felt that the hammer destroyed scene worked better in the tranquil setting where Odin died, rather than the original city scene.  The changes at the rainbow bridge were intentional misdirection because they did not want to reveal a specific plot point, namely Thor losing his eye.

The only other "major" scene change is the Loki flipping the daggers on the bridge scene was removed.  The explanation I saw was Loki originally switched sides again and was at some point aiding Hela, thus the Sakar warriors seeming to line up behind him.  The writers decided to change direction and make Loki side with Thor.

Thanks for the info. Interesting. Still, I enjoyed the movie a lot, but in the long term, Thor without Mjolnir just seems wrong. It's like a Jedi without a light saber.