• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ianh said:

Awesome movie! Glad to see them finally let Thor have some comedic moments and got rid of the silly comedic characters like Darcy. Thor and Hulk are just great together. This is how a super hero movie is made and Marvel really has the formula down. Action comedy, just an all around great popcorn flick for the whole family. 

I just hope Thor gets his hammer back somehow. That and him missing an eye while essential to the story (well not the eye really) hopefully get reversed. 

I immediately downloaded the Immigrant Song after this movie. Perfect for the movie!

probably wouldn't have killed you to 'spoiler' this.  probably wouldn't have killed me to not quote it either.  but you did it first.

Spoiler

I think at some point he gets an infinity gem for an eye.

11 minutes ago, ianh said:

edited it. Thanks and still alive so there is that.

To be honest though if someone reads a thread on a movie after a movie is out that is kinda on them but whatever.

I totally agree, probably should stay out the thread at this point if one has not watched it.  But at least you didn't spoil the death of the Black Widow in the 2nd Ending Credits.

13 minutes ago, revat said:

I totally agree, probably should stay out the thread at this point if one has not watched it.  But at least you didn't spoil the death of the Black Widow in the 2nd Ending Credits.

Loki taking off in a separate ship with...

Spoiler

Matt Damon to serve as part of his acting team...

...would have been spoiling it. Made for a great third credit scene. The Wandering Asgardian Entertainers.

It turns out there is an alternate post-credits scene that may or may not make it onto the disc release.

‘Thor: Ragnarok': Taika Waititi Filmed an Alt Credits Scene Revealing a Different Fate for *SPOILER*

Spoiler

Waititi explained that not only was the big moment with Thor and Loki added in reshoots, the final moment with the Grandmaster could have been very different.

“We were determined to not have too many of them. The thing [with Loki and Thor], that was the thing we did in reshoots. It was a last minute decision. And the other thing at the end, with The Grandmaster, was something we shot on Gold Coast that was something I planned for a long time. It was either going to be that or it was going to be Topaz and Grandmaster stowing away on the ship at the end.”

In case you need refreshing, we last see Grandmaster scurrying out of a crashed ship with a gaggle of ladies, nervously telling the people of Sakkar that the revolution was a tie. But according to Waititi, he and his right-hand-woman Topaz (Rachel House) almost ended up absconding onto Thor’s rescue ship. And it wasn’t just a throwaway idea, they filmed it.

“That could be on the DVD in the deleted scenes, those two in the crowd of the Asgardians and he pushes through and goes, ‘I’ve never heard of this Earth place but… We got to keep a low profile.’ And they kind of put these blankets over their heads and disband into the crowd.

:wishluck:

I don't know if this was posted, but a nice interview with the costume designer. Kirby comes up immediately.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/thor-ragnarok-costume-designer-spills-details-cate-blanchetts-antlers-mark-ruffalos-tight-pants-200811865.html

Edited by Bird

Saw this with a buddy.  I enjoyed it, but not as much as some on here did.  Ragnarok is pretty serious business and the humor undercut the themes a bit, in my opinion. 
The Kirby stuff was beyond awesome, but I actually like the first 2 Thor movies better.  Heresy; I know.
I'll see it again.  Maybe my opinion will change upon subsequent viewings.

This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I missed it:

Spoiler

So, Loki now has one of the Infinity Stones again, right?  (The Tesseract)

54 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yep. He offers it to Thanos in the next Avengers film, as shown by the leaked trailer footage from D23.

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:

56 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Yep. He offers it to Thanos in the next Avengers film, as shown by the leaked trailer footage from D23.

Ahh.  I avoid trailers and leaked footage when possible, so I missed that.

1 hour ago, Unca Ben said:

Ahh.  I avoid trailers and leaked footage when possible, so I missed that.

There have been a few articles recently noting this, associating it with why...

Spoiler

The Guardians find Thor floating out in space when they hit him with The Milano.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

There have been a few articles recently noting this, associating it with why...

Hide contents

The Guardians find Thor floating out in space when they hit him with The Milano.

The first end credit scene is Thor & Loki's ship getting overtaken by Thanos in the Sanctuary II.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

I saw it Tuesday - I thought it was OK.

It was funny at numerous points (and maybe even really funny at points) - but this was a movie with big terrible things happening, and there was no sense of doom or gloom, no sense of danger, no sense of a threat in the least.  Even when Thor is fighting Hela and losses an Eye, it is an almost nothing event - even when she has won and is presumably going to kill him, there was no drama.  It was jovial ...... I think it was well done and fun, but I think it missed the mark entirely.

So I am quite conflicted on what I think of it overall ...... Loki was good (as usual), the Korg and Meek stuff was funny (although again not sure it should have been), and Jeff Goldblum was amazing.  But I think overall the tone and comedy did not fit with the point and plot of the movie.