• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Bronze Age Appreciation Thread
7 7

403 posts in this topic

Going through some books this morning reminded me of the good old days pre-EBay and pre-CGC (well, bad old days in some ways too of course) when demand for high grade books was not through the roof and all it took was 1.5x guide in most cases. I remember complaining bitterly when I had to pay $12 apiece for some super nice 100 pagers at a show in 1993.

615C514E-FF5E-4500-ABCB-3D5C58C2EB42.jpeg

1 hour ago, Paul_Maul said:

Going through some books this morning reminded me of the good old days pre-EBay and pre-CGC (well, bad old days in some ways too of course) when demand for high grade books was not through the roof and all it took was 1.5x guide in most cases. I remember complaining bitterly when I had to pay $12 apiece for some super nice 100 pagers at a show in 1993.

615C514E-FF5E-4500-ABCB-3D5C58C2EB42.jpeg

Lucky bas%@*d!

:golfclap:That's quite a nice copy. Well done. The late 70's for Bats and 'Tec are an under-the-radar tough era. It's an unappreciated time period (except for the Englehart/Rgoers run) with lots of dark covers that have been tossed around for decades, so high-grade copies seem to be few and far between. 

Anyone else notice there's quite a few impressive, high grade Adams Bats and 100 pagers (including a 9.8 'Tec 441) coming up in the next CL auction?  I made a promise to myself that I should stay happy with what I already have and not pursue any upgrades, but I am really tempted.  I wonder if this is a collection that someone is letting go.  

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Paul_Maul said:

@Brando- Most mainstream 100 pagers had NM Overstreet values of $5-7 well into the 90s. I forget when the change occurred, but it seemed like they went from $7 to $70 from one guide to the next.

I've only ever come across a few NM- at best, over $50 in the wild.

12 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Anyone else notice there's quite a few impressive, high grade Adams Bats and 100 pagers (including a 9.8 'Tec 441) coming up in the next CL auction?  I made a promise to myself that I should stay happy with what I already have and not pursue any upgrades, but I am really tempted.  I wonder if this is a collection that someone is letting go.  

Probably Greggy dumping some duplicates.  :martini:

2 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

New addition for me...one of my favorite Batman comics as a kid (loved origin stories).

Tec457.jpg.7a3bf0a5b40f86d975a783b3ea5f65ba.jpg

AND the first appearance of Dr. Leslie Thompkins :x

leslie-thompkins-morena-baccarin.jpg

Edited by Black_Adam