• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Bronze Age Appreciation Thread
7 7

403 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, Frisco Larson said:

It's possible that I may be selling them sometimes soon. I HAD been thinking about it, so I can certainly let you know if I do.  (thumbsu

Let's do it then because I since I still have funds hehe

On 8/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, Frisco Larson said:

It's possible that I may be selling them sometimes soon. I HAD been thinking about it, so I can certainly let you know if I do.  (thumbsu

Or trade...I have foreign 1st Punisher and 1st Harley Quinn...

20200826_163236.jpg

20200826_163240.jpg

received_782790109132045.jpeg

received_208264460491578.jpeg

received_1838409522968549.png

On 8/27/2020 at 10:20 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I'll have to get back with you, as I'm just swamped right now, but if you can hold onto your cash, I'll try to make it worth the wait. (thumbsu

Hey Frisco

I hope you didn't forget about me..

Edited by Kayah

After acquiring many UK Batman annuals (70's/80's) for a few different board members, I decided to try and put a nice set together for myself, surprisingly, it is turning out a lot harder than I thought it would, a few of the 80's ones hardly ever show up in HG, the thrill of the hunt and all that .

DSC01630.JPG

DSC01609.JPG

DSC01608.JPG

DSC01450.JPG

26 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

After acquiring many UK Batman annuals (70's/80's) for a few different board members, I decided to try and put a nice set together for myself, surprisingly, it is turning out a lot harder than I thought it would, a few of the 80's ones hardly ever show up in HG, the thrill of the hunt and all that .

I know the 1985 and 1986 annuals are tricky because Alan Moore has a story in the 1985 issue and Grant Morrison has one in the 1986 issue.

1985_Batman Annual.jpg

1986_Batman Annual.jpg

13 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Yeah! Those two are super hard to find in nice shape as is the 1982 edition with the Bolland cover, I managed to find them for a few board members but no luck for myself yet, are they yours? 

They are.  The 1985 is even signed by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez on an interior page.  When I had him sign it he said he had actually never seen the book before.  I also have the 85/86 Superman Annuals and this one, which also has a Moore story:

1984_ Super Heroes Annual.jpg

45 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Did you get them in the States?

(Searches old emails for a few minutes...)

They were all mail order, all but the Batman 86 were found on eBay.  The Super-Heroes Annual 1984 was from Australia, the Superman 1985 and Batman 1985 were both from the UK, the Superman 1986 was from the US, and the Batman 1986 was from the US, found on Abebooks.

1 minute ago, OtherEric said:

(Searches old emails for a few minutes...)

They were all mail order, all but the Batman 86 were found on eBay.  The Super-Heroes Annual 1984 was from Australia, the Superman 1985 and Batman 1985 were both from the UK, the Superman 1986 was from the US, and the Batman 1986 was from the US, found on Abebooks.

I can't imagine there are many of them in the States, you did good, it is hard enough finding it over here in the UK. 

4 hours ago, batmiesta said:

I can't imagine there are many of them in the States, you did good, it is hard enough finding it over here in the UK. 

Just took a little patience.  And checking non-standard sources, like AbeBooks.  What surprised me was how cheap they were when I DID find them... I think on all 3 of the non-US located ones I paid more for shipping than the books themselves.  They're horribly underrated.

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Just took a little patience.  And checking non-standard sources, like AbeBooks.  What surprised me was how cheap they were when I DID find them... I think on all 3 of the non-US located ones I paid more for shipping than the books themselves.  They're horribly underrated.

Totally agree with you, they are underrated and a lot of collectors don't know of their existence.