• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Bronze Age Appreciation Thread
7 7

403 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Speaking of Simonson, any Manhunter fans out there?

Detective Comics #441.jpg

This one is my favorite, and I don't often play favorites, which goes without saying lol but yet in the end so much story and stuff going for it. Bullock was a character, if I do say so myself :shy: 

On 1/7/2021 at 11:01 PM, jcjames said:

I like this cover too.

20210107_214410-1.jpg

This kind of stuff is my favorite Batman... when he crosses with the occult storylines.  That's why I always liked the series "Legends of the Dark Knight", too.  The horror/occult stories.... plus well, Adams, Rogers, a couple of Wrightson... you know: "The Greats"!

On 1/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, jcjames said:

I like this cover too.

20210107_214410-1.jpg

That cover has always fascinated me ever since I first saw it as a kid reproduced (with garish re-coloring) in that Bonanza Batman 30’s to the 70’s book. 

I don’t yet own a copy, that dark brown cover is tough to find in grade. almost as tough as a full-on black cover. 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:39 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Speaking of Simonson, any Manhunter fans out there?

Detective Comics #437.jpg

Detective Comics #438.jpg

Detective Comics #439.jpg

Detective Comics #440.jpg

Detective Comics #441.jpg

Detective Comics #442.jpg

Detective Comics #443.jpg

I always wondered why these 100 page Tecs were so cheap .... especially the ones that had an all new Batman story AND a new Manhunter by Simonson. The Manhunters were so good they made the rest of the stuff on the rack look bad. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yesterday on Heritage from the Alfred Pennyworth collection a 9.8 Bat 227 sold for 31,200. Minutes later a 9.8 Bat 232 also Pennyworth went for 8,200. 1/4 the price. To me thats a serious injustice. A cool cover (Extra Robin) is 4X more costly than the 1st app of Batmans greatest Bronze Age nemisis. 

Edited by Professor Chaos