• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Upcoming teams revealed

http://nerdreactor.com/2015/08/07/captain-america-civil-war-team-iron-man-and-team-captain-america-rosters-revealed/

Team Captain America

• Captain America

• Hawkeye

• Falcon

• Scarlet Witch

• Winter Soldier

• Ant-Man

Team Iron Man

• Iron Man

• Vision

• Spider-Man

• Black Widow

• War Machine

Makes sense to me.

Spider-Man will definitely be the double agent. I understand the motivations for the rest of the characters, though I imagine they will all at some point question their side.

I also am willing to bet that T'Chaka's death is the cause of the Civil War, which also explains the Panther's neutrality.

Makes sense to me.

Spider-Man will definitely be the double agent. I understand the motivations for the rest of the characters, though I imagine they will all at some point question their side.

I also am willing to bet that T'Chaka's death is the cause of the Civil War, which also explains the Panther's neutrality.

I thought it was

black widow as the double agent

Makes sense to me.

I thought it was

Based on the Civil War comic storyline, it's almost for sure that Spidey switches sides partway through.

However, judging on the dynamic between Stark and Widow in Iron Man 2 vs. Cap and Widow in TWS, I'd agree with you that she'll be the surprise switch. I don't think she likes Stark much and is a great liar.

Makes sense to me.

I thought it was

Based on the Civil War comic storyline, it's almost for sure that Spidey switches sides partway through.

However, judging on the dynamic between Stark and Widow in Iron Man 2 vs. Cap and Widow in TWS, I'd agree with you that she'll be the surprise switch. I don't think she likes Stark much and is a great liar.

Come on, this is Marvel. When have they ever done this?

Based on the Civil War comic storyline

Spider-Man's Captain America: Civil War Costume Details Revealed

Despite rumors of a black and red suit a la Miles Morales, ComicBook.com has learned that there is at least one Spider-Man suit slated to appear in Captain America: Civil War that will feature the character's classic blue-and-red color scheme.

While Civil War in the comics introduced a Spider-Man who wore a red-and-gold number provided by Tony Stark (see below), the Civil War movie will bring an Avengers-friendly version of the traditional Spider-suit, complete with detailing reminiscent of costumes like Captain America's Avengers movie suits.

Is This Our First Look At Tom Holland As SPIDER-MAN?

This image is either our first look at the new Spider-Man, or a very convincing fake. It's said to be from the Captain America: Civil War footage that's set to be screened at D23 on Saturday, but we haven't been able to verify its legitimacy - and let's be honest, the fact that he's got the mask on means a pic like this would be a lot easier to manipulate.

CMEYIZsUYAEiWyr.jpg

CL-AOQPWoAAuI_F.jpg

Is This Our First Look At Tom Holland As SPIDER-MAN?

This image is either our first look at the new Spider-Man, or a very convincing fake. It's said to be from the Captain America: Civil War footage that's set to be screened at D23 on Saturday, but we haven't been able to verify its legitimacy - and let's be honest, the fact that he's got the mask on means a pic like this would be a lot easier to manipulate.

CMEYIZsUYAEiWyr.jpg

CL-AOQPWoAAuI_F.jpg

If this is true it means the rumors that Peter will have 2 costumes in CA:CW one he made himself and supposedly the classic red & blue later.

I hope the civil war is fought over getting Bucky to shave.

Has anyone estimated the 'teams' yet?

Here's my guesses

Team Captain America

Falcon

Bucky

Black Panther

Black Widow

Team Iron Man

Antman

Wasp

War Machine

Hawkeye

Neutral

Nick Fury

Not in movie

Scarlet Witch

Hulk

Thor

Vision

Here's my guesses

Team Captain America

Falcon

Bucky

Black Panther

Black Widow

Team Iron Man

Antman

Wasp

War Machine

Hawkeye

Neutral

Nick Fury

Not in movie

Scarlet Witch

Hulk

Thor

Vision

I would place Ant Man with team Cap and therfore Wasp. Pym had no love for Stark in the movie which should pass down to Ant Man.

But who knows at this point.

Here's my guesses

Team Captain America

Falcon

Bucky

Black Panther

Black Widow

Team Iron Man

Antman

Wasp

War Machine

Hawkeye

Neutral

Nick Fury

Not in movie

Scarlet Witch

Hulk

Thor

Vision

I would place Ant Man with team Cap and therfore Wasp. Pym had no love for Stark in the movie which should pass down to Ant Man.

But who knows at this point.

I considered that too, I was just thinking that they'd bond over the 'guy in super tech suit' situation.

But I could see ANtman and Wasp being team Cap, then adding Black Widow back to Iron Man's side to even things out. Obviously if Thor or Vision show up they'll be on Iron Man's side. BUT I think Scarlet Witch and Vision will be off somewhere else falling in love.

Someone posted the "leaked" teams a few pages back. You were almost entirely off. hm

whoops! got me.

I got a few right, a few wrong.

But aint Banner and Stark bros in these flix. If he turned on Hulk that would be a real dicki$h move for the MCU.

they're all bros. But Civil War might mean bro v bro, bro.

I just think a LOT would have to happen before you get WW Hulk. The premise of the Civil War being fought (at least in part) over what to do with the hulk seems VERY plausible. No argument from me there.

BUT what would have to happen for the Hulk to try to take over the world?

He'd have to have access to Banner's full intelligence. He'd have to get shot into space. He'd have to become a gladiator on an alien planet (which I guess could tie in with GOTG 2). He'd have to take over said planet, then get married, have some kids, then get his planet blown up.

And this would have to happen probably AFTER the Avengers deal with Thanos, or possibly within the context of GOTG 2 and Avengers 3. I GUESS I could see a situation where

1. Hulk shot into space at the end of Civil War.

2. GOTG 2 has a least a partial storyline where Hulk takes over a planet.

3. The beginning of Avengers 3 has Thanos blowing up Planet Hulk (ostensibly because he's scared of Hulk), and Hulk blames the Avengers and he comes back to earth to fight the Avengers, coinciding with Thanos attacking earth. Obviously at some point Thanos is revealed to be behind the death of Planet Hulk and Hulk fights Thanos.

While this seems more reasonable than I thought, I think there's very little chance of it happening

Planet Hulk was stupid. They should just pretend that didn't happen.

But aint Banner and Stark bros in these flix. If he turned on Hulk that would be a real dicki$h move for the MCU.

they're all bros. But Civil War might mean bro v bro, bro.

I just think a LOT would have to happen before you get WW Hulk. The premise of the Civil War being fought (at least in part) over what to do with the hulk seems VERY plausible. No argument from me there.

BUT what would have to happen for the Hulk to try to take over the world?

He'd have to have access to Banner's full intelligence. He'd have to get shot into space. He'd have to become a gladiator on an alien planet (which I guess could tie in with GOTG 2). He'd have to take over said planet, then get married, have some kids, then get his planet blown up.

And this would have to happen probably AFTER the Avengers deal with Thanos, or possibly within the context of GOTG 2 and Avengers 3. I GUESS I could see a situation where

1. Hulk shot into space at the end of Civil War.

2. GOTG 2 has a least a partial storyline where Hulk takes over a planet.

3. The beginning of Avengers 3 has Thanos blowing up Planet Hulk (ostensibly because he's scared of Hulk), and Hulk blames the Avengers and he comes back to earth to fight the Avengers, coinciding with Thanos attacking earth. Obviously at some point Thanos is revealed to be behind the death of Planet Hulk and Hulk fights Thanos.

While this seems more reasonable than I thought, I think there's very little chance of it happening

Planet Hulk was stupid. They should just pretend that didn't happen.

Wow. I loved Planet Hulk AND the resulting World War Hulk. :(