• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

But aint Banner and Stark bros in these flix. If he turned on Hulk that would be a real dicki$h move for the MCU.

they're all bros. But Civil War might mean bro v bro, bro.

I just think a LOT would have to happen before you get WW Hulk. The premise of the Civil War being fought (at least in part) over what to do with the hulk seems VERY plausible. No argument from me there.

BUT what would have to happen for the Hulk to try to take over the world?

He'd have to have access to Banner's full intelligence. He'd have to get shot into space. He'd have to become a gladiator on an alien planet (which I guess could tie in with GOTG 2). He'd have to take over said planet, then get married, have some kids, then get his planet blown up.

And this would have to happen probably AFTER the Avengers deal with Thanos, or possibly within the context of GOTG 2 and Avengers 3. I GUESS I could see a situation where

1. Hulk shot into space at the end of Civil War.

2. GOTG 2 has a least a partial storyline where Hulk takes over a planet.

3. The beginning of Avengers 3 has Thanos blowing up Planet Hulk (ostensibly because he's scared of Hulk), and Hulk blames the Avengers and he comes back to earth to fight the Avengers, coinciding with Thanos attacking earth. Obviously at some point Thanos is revealed to be behind the death of Planet Hulk and Hulk fights Thanos.

While this seems more reasonable than I thought, I think there's very little chance of it happening

Planet Hulk was stupid. They should just pretend that didn't happen.

Wow. I loved Planet Hulk AND the resulting World War Hulk. :(

I'm old. :preach:

I don't guess I minded the story, but the idea that they would shoot the Hulk into space doesn't really seem to jive with the characters. Plus the Skaar thing just made my skin crawl

I liked the premise & set-up. Launching Hulk into space seemed reasonable for the so-called Illuminati to do. The Planet Hulk stories themselves weren't so wonderful. His return to defeat everyone, so-so.

I liked the premise & set-up. Launching Hulk into space seemed reasonable for the so-called Illuminati to do. The Planet Hulk stories themselves weren't so wonderful. His return to defeat everyone, so-so.

I have to seriously disagree, the Planet Hulk stories were some of the best Hulk stories ever. Now the Hulk coming back? Yeah, that was bad.

Captain America: Civil War Footage Shown At D23

Marvel Studios has released footage for Captain America: Civil War.

Debuting at this weekend’s Disney D23 Expo, the footage gave attendees the first footage of Marvel’s hotly-anticipated film. As a sequel to Captain America: The Winter Solider, and a miniature Avengers event in its own right, Civil War looks to be one of Marvel’s biggest efforts yet.

While Marvel hasn't (yet) released the footage online, ComicBook.com was on-site to watch the sizzle reel. A rough description of the footage follows:

• A scene showed Captain and America and The Falcon fighting crossbones, with Black Widow aiding in the background.
  • Another scene revealed the Falcon's pet falcon, Redwing.
  • Another shot revealed Black Widow and Hawkeye fighting. Black Widow asks, "Are we still friends?" To which Hawkeye responds, "Depends on how hard you hit me." This confirms that Black Widow and Hawkeye will be on opposing sides of Civil War's conflict.
  • A "D23 Exclusive Easter egg" scene showed Bucky Barnes trapped in a cage.
  • Another shot showed Black Panther in action for the first time, popping his claws out.
  • A scene shows Paul Rudd's Ant-Man being brought into Captain America's faction. Star-struck, Ant-Man stammers, "I know you know a lot of super… people, so I wanted to say thinks for thanking of me. Thanks for thinking of me.”
  • Tony Stark and Steve Rogers debate their opposing ideologies, with Stark saying, "Without boundaries, we're no better than them."

:whee:

And a new logo too.

civil-war-147831.jpg

I have to seriously disagree, the Planet Hulk stories were some of the best Hulk stories ever. Now the Hulk coming back? Yeah, that was bad.

I agree that launching Banner into space makes sense, especially in a real-world situation. What would an actual government do with an uncontrollable, walking natural disaster on two legs who tends to get extremely angry and destroy entire cities?

The first Ultimates arc did an excellent job showing what kind of damage could actually happen in the event of a Hulk episode of uncontrolled rage. There wasn't only property damage as the Hulk tends to inflict on the regular Marvel Universe. It was a literal swathe of destruction resulting in thousands of actual casualties.

Any government, after realizing they can't control this asset, would seek to destroy it with extreme prejudice. So Bruce's friends conspiring to get rid of him without ending his life resonated with me.

Have you seen the Lionsgate Planet Hulk animated feature? I believe it's on Netflix. It's one of Marvel's best animated movies. While I enjoyed the Planet Hulk storyline, Greg Pak's writing can be disjointed and lack logical flow, but I really liked the cartoon. You should check it out if you haven't.

Lang is super excited to meet Captain America! We're talking fanboy excited! Unable to take his eyes of[f] Cap, he states, "I'm shaking your hand too long." He thanks the Avengers for thinking of him.

That sounds like a really cool scene. Like one hero influences a younger hero. Almost like a phase hand-off.

hm