• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Just got back from my show.

i did really like the movie. I was hoping to love it though. I thought it was very safe. Nothing really happened in it. It was like a 9 year old dumped out all his action figures on the floor and didn't have any villians so they had to fight eachother. The fighting was pretty awesome but It just left me wanted something deeper. I'm very perplexed by this feeling as I have loved all superhero movies really.

Maybe I'm starting to get over heros fighting heros. It seems like it happens all the time now along with explanations for collateral damage which is just getting annoying now. They are movies. Let it go.

Okay rant over. Going to sleep on it but def didn't my top three of marvel movies.

Sitting down to watch it now amongst chode ville usa... ill let u guys know wassup in a few....

I had a lady last week who was on her cell phone playing some game throughout the entire movie....granted it was just Big Fat Wedding 2 but it's the principal of the thing.

Uh-uh we woulda fought. I pay 10 bucks for that? No ma'am

Just got back from my show.

i did really like the movie. I was hoping to love it though. I thought it was very safe. Nothing really happened in it. It was like a 9 year old dumped out all his action figures on the floor and didn't have any villians so they had to fight eachother. The fighting was pretty awesome but It just left me wanted something deeper. I'm very perplexed by this feeling as I have loved all superhero movies really.

Maybe I'm starting to get over heros fighting heros. It seems like it happens all the time now along with explanations for collateral damage which is just getting annoying now. They are movies. Let it go.

Okay rant over. Going to sleep on it but def didn't my top three of marvel movies.

You know I was thinking the same thing, but can't really put my finger on what kept me from loving it. I still think one of the big messups was showing us spiderman in the trailer. It would have been awesome having no knowledge of him being in it going in.

So I got back from seeing it twice, back to back. Something I've never done before in my life. I think it's absolute perfection.

I had no idea how emotionally connected to these characters I am, and all the different sub stories until tonight. I got shivers at the Winter Soldiers music. I shed a tear in other places. Spidey WAS Spidey. I'm completely floored by the fact that these characters, from a book I had never ever read were now ingrained in my DNA like Han, Luke and Leia, something that happened when I was 5 years old.

I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Jim

Movie was pretty good. .. bad@$$ fights. Thought zemos motivation was weak though

See that's what actually made it perfect...he wasn't a super villain looking to take over the world with his evil genius, he's just a guy driven by blind rage and hatred.

That being said I do hope nobody on here bought Cap #275's or #360's at the top of their peak, cuz I doubt they are going to be worth anything in the morning. I don't think either were what people would have expected them to be, but I very much liked that.

Jim

So I got back from seeing it twice, back to back. Something I've never done before in my life. I think it's absolute perfection.

I had no idea how emotionally connected to these characters I am, and all the different sub stories until tonight. I got shivers at the Winter Soldiers music. I shed a tear in other places. Spidey WAS Spidey. I'm completely floored by the fact that these characters, from a book I had never ever read were now ingrained in my DNA like Han, Luke and Leia, something that happened when I was 5 years old.

I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Jim

Like I said many times to you. :headbang:

Greatest day of my life was when my brother was born.

Second greatest day was when Disney bought Marvel/Star Wars!

Movie was pretty good. .. bad@$$ fights. Thought zemos motivation was weak though

See that's what actually made it perfect...he wasn't a super villain looking to take over the world with his evil genius, he's just a guy driven by blind rage and hatred.

That being said I do hope nobody on here bought Cap #275's or #360's at the top of their peak, cuz I doubt they are going to be worth anything in the morning. I don't think either were what people would have expected them to be, but I very much liked that.

Jim

I raise you Captain America #34.

Great movie though.

I remember the glory days of movies when you walk in and not know anything about the movie except the title. I haven't seen civil war yet but I've thought they should have held out spiderman as a surprise and not show him in trailers.....same with black panther.

Can't wait to see this one. Although I'll pull my usual move and wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down. Nearly everything I've heard is that it's just fantastic.

I f-ing loved this movie. The action/fight choreography for these things has FINALLY reached the point where it feels like I'm watching comic book characters fight. Screw physics. They can just do straight up amazing things in a fight that makes even the best fighters look awful. And everyone has their own unique fighting style too. The speed that they fight at is unbelievable. Exactly how I picture it in a comic book.

Plus, I loved Ant Man in this. And Spidey. Everyone got their moment & had their own reason for doing what they were doing & they all got fleshed out without it being Avengers 2.5. It was still very much a Captain America movie. I was worried that the Cap-ness of it would get sorta lost in the shuffle. It didn't.

It's easily right next to Winter Soldier and GotG for me as my top Marvel Studios movie. And this just further cements that not only are the Cap trilogy of movies easily Marvel's best, with each getting better than the previous, but that the Russo's are so absolutely perfect for running the Infinity War pairing in the future. They know how to manage everyone getting their moments.