• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

ps the G forces involved in going from zero to 200mph in less than one second would rip Ant Man's arms off I'm afraid.

The dude can go from sub-atomic to giant-sized, I'm not going to worry about a little thing like g-forces.

ps the G forces involved in going from zero to 200mph in less than one second would rip Ant Man's arms off I'm afraid.

The dude can go from sub-atomic to giant-sized, I'm not going to worry about a little thing like g-forces.

That's gotta mess with your brain somehow.

Was Stark making out with Aunt May when Peter walked in? I could swear I saw that.
hm That's how he discovered Spidey's secret identity. He was getting lucky in more than one way. :banana: I guess he's on the rebound after the split with Pepper. :gossip:

Was Stark making out with Aunt May when Peter walked in? I could swear I saw that.

I did notice Peter was agitated and extra over protective about Aunt May for some reason.

hm

They werent, and it's been less than 6 months since his uncle died, because of him so I'm sure he'd be very protective of his Aunt.

Jim

Went and saw it tonight and I thought it was a very enjoyable movie. Not... one of the great superhero movies, but a pretty entertaining movie.

made Tony Stark seem like a dik, had an extremely lame villain, tied the Winter Soldier into an unfortunate link with Stark, and had no real resolution other than Cap writing Tony a letter. And nothing to really link it to the future....

The Stark tie-in with the Winter Soldier actually happened in the last Cap movie (The winter Soldier) - the bunker scene with Zola explaining Hydra's rise - mentioned an "accident" with the Starks. Once it was established that the Winter Soldier was Hydra's chief assassin the odds that Bucky killed them became pretty good.

That's likely how Cap knew.

What was in the trunk of the car? In the case that Bucky ended up taking?

I believe it was Stark's version of the Super Soldier Serum since he was also working on re-discovering Erksine's formula. It was implied that that was what they used to turn the test subjects into the "other" Winter Soldiers that were still frozen

A version of the super-soldier serum.

Was the pseudo super soldier that beat the snot out of Bucky really Simon Williams?

Just got done seeing the movie. I thought it was pretty good.

Black Panther points:

1) I didn't really agree with changing the circumstances around T'Chaka, thought if they left it the same, the Black Panther movie, would tie more along with how he became the Black Panther. I guess they had to have some reason T'Challa was after Winter Soldier.

2) In the scene with T'Challa and the Black Widow, was the lady who was confronting Black Widow at the car his sister or Storm? Thinking it was his sister.

1) This was a question I had...even before T'Chaka died, wasn't T'Challa the Black Panther? His father was King, but could someone in his 60s or 70s run around like that? At one point he said something like "now I'm king and warrior" so I figured before that he was just the protector waiting to be king.

2) I thought it was Shuri as well.

A version of the super-soldier serum.

Was the pseudo super soldier that beat the snot out of Bucky really Simon Williams?

It looks like the Kree based serum that Hive has been using lately in Agents of SHEILD.

MY FAVORITE EASTER (Passover) EGG: When Stark asks Cap to sign the Accord, he introduces two pens from 1941 saying they are "something from the archives...Timely, actually." Then shortly after: "Without these two you wouldn't be here."

DUH factor: Cap's first appearance was in Timely Comics' "Captain America Comics #1", published in March 1941.The two "pens" being Simon and Kirby

MY FAVORITE EASTER (Passover) EGG: When Stark asks Cap to sign the Accord, he introduces two pens from 1941 saying they are "something from the archives...Timely, actually." Then shortly after: "Without these two you wouldn't be here."

DUH factor: Cap's first appearance was in Timely Comics' "Captain America Comics #1", published in March 1941.The two "pens" being Simon and Kirby

That is cool! I remember the scene, have to check it out on my next viewing!

Very cool!