• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Captain America: Civil War. What a dud. What a turkey. What an absolute turd of a movie. It's hard to believe people would actually part with their hard earned money to watch this stinker. What a let down.

I cannot believe what the Russo brothers have done to Captain America. His character is so far removed from the Golden Age version it's laughable. His character is more akin to the modern version and that's not what the viewers wanted to see.

Every movie directed by the Russo brothers strays too far from the original blue print. In what sort of messed up dystopian society would we see two former allies going to war with each other? If it had been done properly, Captain America and Iron Man wouldn't be fighting, they would be teaming up to rescue cats from trees.

In a continuation of the general dark theme, Spider-Man looks malnourished. Only a decade ago, Tobey "Beefcake" Maguire's appearance raised the spirit of the audience with each flex of muscle and majestic swing from a skyscraper. This "Spider-Man" just leaves the audience feeling tired and hungry.

Of course, I haven't actually seen the movie, I'm just basing my opinion on a solitary viewing of Captain America: The Winter Soldier - which I absoutely hated - and some negative reviews I found on the internet.

My advice to people who haven't seen it is don't give your money to the Russo brothers. Don't fund their crusade to destroy our Marvel heroes with their dystopian modern vision of the MCU. Wait until it it can be seen for "free" on Netflix (or somesuch) and then wait another couple of weeks just to maintain an air of indifference.

Don't bother reading this BS. Complete waste of your time. Dude hasn't even seen the movie, and is commenting on it.

Don't bother reading this BS. Complete waste of your time. Dude has it even seem the movie, and is commenting on it.

lol

Did you actually take the post serious? It was aping the crazy posts in the BvS thread from someone that hadn't even seen the movie - but was hell-bent on disrupting the thread.

:facepalm:

Don't bother reading this BS. Complete waste of your time. Dude has it even seem the movie, and is commenting on it.

lol

Did you actually take the post serious? It was aping the crazy posts in the BvS thread from someone that hadn't even seen the movie - but was hell-bent on disrupting the thread.

of course not, that's why i told everyone else to not waste their time. seriously dude? and you don't know me, keep your facepalm to yourself. it's rude.

Captain America: Civil War. What a dud. What a turkey. What an absolute turd of a movie. It's hard to believe people would actually part with their hard earned money to watch this stinker. What a let down.

I cannot believe what the Russo brothers have done to Captain America. His character is so far removed from the Golden Age version it's laughable. His character is more akin to the modern version and that's not what the viewers wanted to see.

Every movie directed by the Russo brothers strays too far from the original blue print. In what sort of messed up dystopian society would we see two former allies going to war with each other? If it had been done properly, Captain America and Iron Man wouldn't be fighting, they would be teaming up to rescue cats from trees.

In a continuation of the general dark theme, Spider-Man looks malnourished. Only a decade ago, Tobey "Beefcake" Maguire's appearance raised the spirit of the audience with each flex of muscle and majestic swing from a skyscraper. This "Spider-Man" just leaves the audience feeling tired and hungry.

Of course, I haven't actually seen the movie, I'm just basing my opinion on a solitary viewing of Captain America: The Winter Soldier - which I absoutely hated - and some negative reviews I found on the internet.

My advice to people who haven't seen it is don't give your money to the Russo brothers. Don't fund their crusade to destroy our Marvel heroes with their dystopian modern vision of the MCU. Wait until it it can be seen for "free" on Netflix (or somesuch) and then wait another couple of weeks just to maintain an air of indifference.

Don't bother reading this BS. Complete waste of your time. Dude hasn't even seen the movie, and is commenting on it.

It's called sarcasm !!

It's called sarcasm !!

Exactly!

It was so crazy what was heaped on the Batman v Superman film from someone that hadn't even watched the film. Yet posted repeatedly how Snyder must have messed it up.

Saw it over the weekend and thought it was decent.

I wish Crossbones had been in it more. I also wish the characters didn't feel the need to take off their masks every 5 minutes. 2c

I wish Crossbones had been in it more. I also wish the characters didn't feel the need to take of their masks every 5 minutes. 2c

that was my only negative, and not much of a big one, but they kinda did Crossbones like Boba Fett. Coolest character, dies in a crappy way.

lol

of course not, that's why i told everyone else to not waste their time. seriously dude? and you don't know me, keep your facepalm to yourself. it's rude.

You posted as if it was something serious. Yet it was okay someone crapped all over the Batman v Superman thread not once - not twice - but multiple times - just because they didn't enjoy Man of Steel?

d7b61e47d5e30a96ebfb78b3912e5ea7.jpg

I wish Crossbones had been in it more. I also wish the characters didn't feel the need to take of their masks every 5 minutes. 2c

that was my only negative, and not much of a big one, but they kinda did Crossbones like Boba Fett. Coolest character, dies in a crappy way.

Lazy writing and very little character development. I was really disappointed they got rid of him so quickly.

That was my major complaint too. I was bummed that Crossbones bit it. But only in the same way that I was bummed that Strucker got punked in AoU too.

lol

As Bosco said, it wasn't a serious post, just a parody of the multiple posts in the BvS threads. I thought that was obvious from the slightly over the top, tongue-in-cheek style writing. My mistake.

lol

As Bosco said, it wasn't a serious post, just a parody of the multiple posts in the BvS threads. I thought that was obvious from the slightly over the top, tongue-in-cheek style writing. My mistake.

That's it! Now you're going to get it.

godzilla-face-palm-474x350.jpg

:baiting:

lol

And looking at the words in bold type, that was exactly the point I was making (thumbs u

lol

Lazy writing and very little character development. I was really disappointed they got rid of him so quickly.

He was pretty much the Batroc of Civil War.

Saw it on the weekend and thought it was well done, good story and the characters seemed to ring true. The first Spider-man scene had me scratching my head a little, it took me a few minutes to get into what they were trying to do and then by the time the airport fight was happening I was good with it. :cool:

He was pretty much the Batroc of Civil War.

But the Batroc character in The Winter Soldier sure did a great job of helping demonstrate what a great hand-to-hand fighter Captain American can be when necessary. I loved that fight scene.

The Cap films do seem to be a trilogy with a beginning, a middle and an end.

The first film portrays Steve rogers becoming Captain America and at the end of Civil War Steve leaves his shield behind and gives up his role as the Captain.

When he breaks Bucky out of prison, he's Steve Rogers, not Captain America, the same as later in Wakanda when Bucky gets put to sleep.

The next time we see Steve Rogers in the MCU it won't be as Captain America.

-of course, by the time the Thanos story wraps up I expect to see Steve back as CA.

Saw it this weekend and I I thought it was....I really liked...well except Im not so sure I really liked...but there were some really cool things....and yet what didn't really make sense to me was....ah I think I gotta go see it again.