• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Forgive me for not reading all 68 pages, but Gen. Ross is upset about the damage the Avengers caused in NY, even though the government had already ordered a nuclear strike on it?

OUCH

+1

I didn't even think about that fact during the movie. If only Cap had remembered that fact when Ross was lecturing the Avengers.

The Security Counsel ordered the strike on New York because of the wormhole Loki constructed there, and Loki's appearance was tied to Thor's appearance on Earth.

I believe it was explained in the movie by the Vision that the rise in supernatural threats to humanity was connected to the increase of super-powered heroes.

The threats of Loki, the Destroyer, Malekith, Ivan Vanko, Killian & Extremis, Ultron, and perhaps the Winter Soldier came about directly, or indirectly, due to the existence or actions of the super heroes.

The tragedy in Lagos was the final event that pushed the UN into passing the Sokovia Accord.

edit: heck, the only reason earth is on Thanos' radar now is because of the Avengers.

So the Civil War movie avoided the idea of the registration act which required that superheroes reveal their secret identities like the comic version of Civil War did. Good decision or not? hm

(Click for full size)

Spider-Man-02012016.jpeg

I believe as far as the government is concerned, every hero's identity is already known. It's just Spider-Man and maybe Ant-Man who remain truly secretive, unless we're assuming the government is aware of the Defenders.

So the Civil War movie avoided the idea of the registration act which required that superheroes reveal their secret identities like the comic version of Civil War did. Good decision or not? hm

(Click for full size)

Spider-Man-02012016.jpeg

I believe as far as the government is concerned, every hero's identity is already known. It's just Spider-Man and maybe Ant-Man who remain truly secretive, unless we're assuming the government is aware of the Defenders.

And Bruce Banner, right? Does the Black Panther reveal his identity in the movie? Is it widely known The Winter Soldier is Bucky Barnes?

Bit surprised w/ 90RT this will be down 60% this weekend

Comic book fatigue

Either sarcasm or I actually wonder.

Went to a yard sale today, with something like 30 comic book movies in Blu Ray and DVD in new like condition for a buck each.

Filled in a lot of holes in my marvel and DC animation section.

Bit surprised w/ 90RT this will be down 60% this weekend

Comic book fatigue

I think BvS is actually hurting it 2c I think a lot of the regular movie goers (the non comic book buyers that were confused and didn't understand what was going on) that went and watched it was turned off by the movie and now it's hurting CW

At some point it's going to happen. Same stories nothing really developed or different than we have seen before

We may noticed the small changes in characters outlooks, relationships but to the general public

What's really different or new in this movie than the last

#CBF

It's coming

this is the best superhero movie ever. bar none. and of course this is my personal opinion, but this movie is just that good upon multiple viewings. so many things could go wrong. so many things. and they all went right.

At some point it's going to happen. Same stories nothing really developed or different than we have seen before

We may noticed the small changes in characters outlooks, relationships but to the general public

#CBF

It's coming

You sound like the people in the Walking Dead threads saying it is going to drop off.

Oh and I couldn't disagree with you more (thumbs u

I'm just glad the rival studio imitators have been kept in check. We might occasionally get a cheesy b-movie like Pizza Man or Defendor, but we haven't been overwhelmed yet. Remember all the buddy cop, Mad Max and Rambo clones in the 80's. :P

#CBF

It's coming

Captain America Civil War is completely different. Complete game changer. Best superhero movie ever.

I'm just glad the rival studio imitators have been kept in check. We might occasionally get a cheesy b-movie like Pizza Man or Defendor, but we haven't been overwhelmed yet. Remember all the buddy cop, Mad Max and Rambo clones in the 80's. :P
They are coming. Trust me the minute $1B was hit all the studios were like we want a piece of it. You're absolutely right, imitations will come, more movies will be made (how many this year?). Hollywood takes an idea, milks it for all its worth. They don't care about long term viability all they care about is $ today.

So many other genre's have gone through the same, why should this be any different.

to you a super hero comic fan yes, general public it's not that different.

#ENDISNIGH

What are you basing that on though? Everyone I've met that has seen the movie loved it. I'm also not sure the number corroborate anything you're saying.

It's cool you didn't like the movie, but it doesn't mean the end is nigh.