• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Expo 2015

167 posts in this topic

I would expect them to be considerably cheaper if you wait. I think they list for $5 each at the show.

However...in the past, they've always been limited.

At the end of the show, they've always had enough to lift the limits, but there's always the chance something sells out.

I would expect them to be considerably cheaper if you wait. I think they list for $5 each at the show.

At the end of the show, they've always had enough to lift the limits, but there's always the chance something sells out.

This is true. I'm not speculating that they will be $5 on ebay. I'm only making an educated guess that they will be well under $20 within a month. I was basing the wait on what the Forbidden Planet #1 (limited to 1000 est. and under $20), The Ghost #1, and the Sketch #4 (both of which can be had for under $10). East of West is by far my favorite book since The Authority but it has, to this point, been a book that sells best in sets. That is, unless you are looking to get the RRP. :)

This is true. I'm not speculating that they will be $5 on ebay. I'm only making an educated guess that they will be well under $20 within a month. I was basing the wait on what the Forbidden Planet #1 (limited to 1000 est. and under $20), The Ghost #1, and the Sketch #4 (both of which can be had for under $10). East of West is by far my favorite book since The Authority but it has, to this point, been a book that sells best in sets. That is, unless you are looking to get the RRP. :)

+1

There normally is a witness. There was one last year.

hm for everyone. Or only the "in " kids. lol

for the past 2 Image Expos, Joel Elad and I have provided witnessing services to anyone in attendance, provided that they follow some simple rules. As far as I know, we will both be doing so again this year. You could argue that this is one of the easiest events to get your books CGC'd at because Image has generally put us in a spot where it's very easy for us to witness everything as it happens (i.e. there's a witness at every signing). We aren't sure what the layout is this year, but we expect to be able to provide this service to everyone again this year. I imagine that Joel will post something soon.

BIG NOTE:

WE WILL NOT BE DOING ANY CGC WITNESSING FOR MCFARLAIN. HE HAS HIS OWN THING GOING ON. YOU CAN GET YOUR TODD BOOKS DONE USING THE SERVICES ESTABLISHED FOR HIS SIGNINGS.

Unlike the previous 2 years, I will NOT be running sales threads for CGC or raw books. I don't have the bandwidth these days to ship books to customers as timely as I expect of myself. There have always been multiple sales threads for this event, so someone will likely be around to take care of you.

Hope that this is helpful.

Ryan

There normally is a witness. There was one last year.

hm for everyone. Or only the "in " kids. lol

for the past 2 Image Expos, Joel Elad and I have provided witnessing services to anyone in attendance, provided that they follow some simple rules. As far as I know, we will both be doing so again this year. You could argue that this is one of the easiest events to get your books CGC'd at because Image has generally put us in a spot where it's very easy for us to witness everything as it happens (i.e. there's a witness at every signing). We aren't sure what the layout is this year, but we expect to be able to provide this service to everyone again this year. I imagine that Joel will post something soon.

BIG NOTE:

WE WILL NOT BE DOING ANY CGC WITNESSING FOR MCFARLAIN. HE HAS HIS OWN THING GOING ON. YOU CAN GET YOUR TODD BOOKS DONE USING THE SERVICES ESTABLISHED FOR HIS SIGNINGS.

Unlike the previous 2 years, I will NOT be running sales threads for CGC or raw books. I don't have the bandwidth these days to ship books to customers as timely as I expect of myself. There have always been multiple sales threads for this event, so someone will likely be around to take care of you.

Hope that this is helpful.

Ryan

:whee:

Oh snap! Ryan, where have you been brother?

Just working. Decided to work at a start up, so things be crazy. Barely time to read. How are you?

I'm good; got promoted at work a few weeks ago, so have more work and keep pretty busy between that and married life. Life is good.

:)

Oh snap! Ryan, where have you been brother?

Just working. Decided to work at a start up, so things be crazy. Barely time to read. How are you?

I'm good; got promoted at work a few weeks ago, so have more work and keep pretty busy between that and married life. Life is good.

:)

:-)