• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Expo 2015

167 posts in this topic

Starve, Heaven, and especially Black Road sound right up my alley. :banana:

+1 on Black Road. Northlanders was so awesome it's hard to see how this won't be.

+2. The other title I'm most excited about. Not just because I rep Garry, but I was also a big, big fan of NORTHANDERS (as I've stated many times over the years in Modern!). I've seen some of the art...this book is going to rock.

Would love to get my hands on some of those variants especially East of West. Anyone? Anyone?

I think that these variants are going to be tricky. From what I understand, they reduced the print runs to about 500 and they held the 1 per customer limit much longer this year than last. If you wanted to buy in quantity, you would have needed to stay in line most of the day buying sets of 1. I think that they lifted limits later in the day, but I don't know what they had left when they did. I know a couple of people who were able to get multiple copies of books, but it wasn't until later in the day and it certainly wasn't what I consider in bulk. Personally, I didn't buy any variants this year. Witnessing takes time. It was a fun show. Lots of super cool peops.

Also, I talked to Nick D and I should be able to sell the EoW poster to boardies after the show. Will post more info at that time.

OK, back from the Expo.

The print is actually more of a banner. It's printed on heavy coated stock and measures 10"X46". It looks awesome.

Now the bad news...as it turns out, Image only printed 100 of these as a retailer giveaway. Nick did not know how these would be distributed; he thought they would be available for fans. So unfortunately, neither one of us was able to get any at the Expo (no, not even Nick!).

However, Nick is going to check with the office to see if he got any as comps. If he did, I will get them for boardies. No charge (but please don't flip them!), just pay for shipping. I'm going to take care of the guys who have already PM'd me first; if there are any left over, I'll make available to everyone else. I hope to see Nick again soon and will update at that time.

:applause:

Also, I talked to Nick D and I should be able to sell the EoW poster to boardies after the show. Will post more info at that time.

OK, back from the Expo.

The print is actually more of a banner. It's printed on heavy coated stock and measures 10"X46". It looks awesome.

Now the bad news...as it turns out, Image only printed 100 of these as a retailer giveaway. Nick did not know how these would be distributed; he thought they would be available for fans. So unfortunately, neither one of us was able to get any at the Expo (no, not even Nick!).

However, Nick is going to check with the office to see if he got any as comps. If he did, I will get them for boardies. No charge (but please don't flip them!),

Yes, please don't flip them.

Would love to get my hands on some of those variants especially East of West. Anyone? Anyone?

I think that these variants are going to be tricky. From what I understand, they reduced the print runs to about 500 and they held the 1 per customer limit much longer this year than last. If you wanted to buy in quantity, you would have needed to stay in line most of the day buying sets of 1. I think that they lifted limits later in the day, but I don't know what they had left when they did. I know a couple of people who were able to get multiple copies of books, but it wasn't until later in the day and it certainly wasn't what I consider in bulk. Personally, I didn't buy any variants this year. Witnessing takes time. It was a fun show. Lots of super cool peops.

:whee:

Lots of comic nerds, though. hm

:whee:

Lots of comic nerds, though. hm

It was a good crowd this year, I think the new projects from Skottie Young, Darwyn Cooke, 2 new BkV titles, new Snyder/Lemire title, and more should do well.

Huge shout out and thanks to BeerThirty and RockMyAmadeus for all the help with the sig witnessing and submission and craziness. We got everything packed up and out of the building without having to finish invoices outside... :) Books are already on their way to CGC, for those of you that submitted stuff.