• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

Hayley Atwell Would ‘Love’ to Make a Peggy Carter Movie

Hayley-Atwell-Agent-Peggy-Carter.jpg?aut

IGN spoke to Atwell about the possibility of Peggy making a return to the Marvel films. Even after racking up four film appearances, a One-Shot, two seasons of her series, and a few cameos on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Atwell is not interested in having her Marvel role come to an end. She is very much open to returning in future films, but would also love to see Peggy lead her own film.

"I’d love to see [Peggy] more in films. I’d love to see her in her own film. And if we can keep evolving it so that she does new things so that I can surprise myself and she can keep surprising me then I’d love to do it. And I feel very privileged to be part of something that people really love and that entertains them. But also, you’re going to these conventions and meeting people who’ve named their son Carter and people who have a tattoo of “I Know My Value,” the tagline. She’s a force of good and there are a lot of social media sites where girls and guys have come together and become good friends on an international scale because of their belief in some of the values that Peggy talks about. And that provides them with a different connection that a family situation or school situation that they don’t really feel they have a place in. That’s really cool to me. So I’m very happy to be a part of that world and keep that going."

Did Marvel Studios Just Tease Peggy Carter's Return?

K95rAEZ.jpg

Thanks to a Twitter post, fans think the SHIELD founder is prepping for another big screen outing.

Fans began buzzing about Peggy’s possible MCU return after a curious photo of Atwell was shared online. The co-president of Marvel Studios posted a picture of himself with Atwell, writing, “Look who came by to visit today.” Louis D’Esposito uploaded a second photo of them together in front of a mural of the Howling Commandos.

While the pictures might have been taken during a social call, fans are thinking it’s more likely business was on the pair’s mind. Fervor surrounding Peggy has yet to die down since her solo outing with Agent Carter got abruptly cancelled, and the MCU has a few films in store which could benefit from the character’s presence.

• Ant-Man: The first Ant-Man movie began with a flashback sequence that featured Peggy with Hank Pym back in the day, so the sequel might nod back to that era as it continues to explore the original hero’s past.
  • Captain Marvel: Captain Marvel has ever opportunity to bring back Peggy as she’d still be alive during the feature. Captain Marvel is also set to rope in Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, so fans are keen to see if the original SHIELD director interact with her predecessor.
  • Infinity War: The Mad Titan will be looking for ways to break Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and Steve would combust if Peggy were revived by an Infinity Gem.

'Agent Carter' Heads To Hulu

Hulu today announced that it has acquired the exclusive subscription streaming rights the entire series run of the Marvel Television and ABC series, which was set in the post-World War II era of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The series was inspired by star Hayley Atwell’s portrayal of SSR Agent Peggy Carter in the films Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, as well as the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter short.

The series began in 1946 and finds Peggy struggling to adjust to post-war society, where she is marginalized by men returning from the war even within the SSR. She’s given an escape from desk duty when Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper) is framed for selling deadly weapons. He asks Peggy to clear his name and lends her his butler, Edwin Jarvis (James D’Arcy) to assist her.

Peggy risks her career and her life by sticking her neck out for Stark but begins to wonder if Howard is really as innocent as he claims.

Hulu is also home to the Marvel Television original series Runaways. Who knows? If there’s enough streaming interest in Agent Carter on the platform maybe they could be convinced to invest in a revival.

:wishluck:

2 minutes ago, drotto said:

Be way happier if they said a season 3 was coming.  This series deserved way better than what it got.

That's the thinking by the end of the article. Hulu hopefully experiences a large-scale interest in the first two seasons, sparking demand for more.

AGENT CARTER Star Hayley Atwell Says That She Wouldn't Rule Out Peggy Carter Returning To The MCU

ggg.jpg

In an interview with Parade, Atwell was asked about what future she may have in the MCU. Here's what the actress said:

"Because it’s a genre-specific superhero piece, I’m sure anything could happen. It’s such a huge world. I do think there’s something in the completion of the fact that they’re doing their back-to-back Avengers at the moment, which will complete an era, so I can’t see how that would be. But that’s what’s remarkable about Marvel is they keep going. Each film tends to further what they’re doing, so I wouldn’t rule it out."

Any possible period piece or flashbacks could find a way to get Agent Carter involved in a more familiar way but with many believing Avengers 4 to be time travel-centric, that could serve avenue to bring her back too.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:28 PM, drotto said:

Be way happier if they said a season 3 was coming.  This series deserved way better than what it got.

Yes. Agent Carter was awesome!  Would love to hear a season 3 is in the works. 

Met Hayley Atwell at the Fan Days Expo in Dallas a couple of years ago.  She was nice  

Marvel Television’s longest-running series, Agents of SHIELD, is coming to an end after its seventh season, which is set to premiere next year. However, the series recently wrapped production on its final episodes. According to an Instagram post from the show’s star, Ming-Na Wen, the cast received fun and unique wrap gifts: bicycles. One eagle-eyed Redditor spotted a detail that could confirm an Agent Carter crossover.

Agent_Carter01.PNG.e228cffb726fd07839fd6d1a0b802242.PNG

“Ming-Na Wen may have accidentally posted a major Agents of SHIELD Season 7 spoiler,” u/HalfBloodMockingjay wrote. “On her Instagram story (which has now been deleted) she was showing off the bikes that the cast and crew are getting as wrap gifts. One of those bikes clearly has Enver Gjokaj's name tagged to it. For those unaware, Enver played Daniel Sousa (Peggy's boyfriend) in Agent Carter. Also, a few months back when filming for Season 7 first begun, there was another Instastory of a few cast members sporting a '40s vibe. It's starting to look like there will be an Agent Carter crossover!”

While there is no official confirmation on a crossover, it wouldn’t be far-fetched considering there were a couple of Agent Carter appearances during Agents of SHIELD’s second season. Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) appeared in two episodes, and the Howling Commandos appeared in one.