• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold 1-24 CLUB
2 2

121 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2018 at 9:59 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

RAD02CFB20101214_14116[1].jpg

Very strong trio of books Bob!  I am expecting to add to more issues to the club soon...but not a #9 or a #18 (both of which are fantastic!)  I do have a nice #23 coming though...

I forgot that I have a #23. I still remember looking at it before sending it to CGC. I caught the Back cover putting it back into the Mylar and put a small tear on the edge. I still sent it in but I'm sure it would have graded higher if not for this mishap. 

IMG_3199.JPG

10 minutes ago, JLA Brad said:

Just received these today: 1 upgrade and 6 new additions to the club (for me) - bringing my total to 14 of the first 24 issues:

656614838_BBs.thumb.jpg.885ef97f5c5a317c3ffc5fe666363a6c.jpg

(worship)Those are insane copies. Most of them have to be highest graded ? You must have found a collector getting out of this title. Tell us the story, please. 

Not a big story actually (unfortunately).

Originally, these were listed on this site for sale a year ago by Mr Bedrock.  As I recall, there were actually 12 that I was interested in, but I didn't want them bad enough at the time (translation: I wanted other comics more).   He did end up listing them on his website and just recently I decided that I should make the move on those that remained, namely these 7.

All of these are the highest graded on the census.  To my knowledge, they were all consigned through Bedrock City from one individual, so he had quite the collection of B&B's at one point, obviously the finest early B&B collection out there.

I’m familiar with those books, they are all incredible. I saw them more than a year ago, but they were very, very pricey. Congrats to you on obtaining these stellar books. As far as best B.B. 1-24 set out there though, Mick Rabin has the nicest I have seen, it’s not compete but it’s close. Those copies Bedrock had are right up there. 

Love B&B 1-24. I only have a couple issues unfortunately. Given available funds, this is one of those runs I've always longed to collect. People can have their muscle bound people in tights. I'll take this stuff instead 

Boy!

Trying to complete this mini-run is an absolute exercise in patience!  These books just do not fall out of the sky in 7.5 or above, do they?  Or in the case of the #2...there are no 7.5's out there yet, but who is holding on to the 3 7.0's out there?  I'm right here, ready to buy one of them :smile:, just let me know and let's make a deal!!!

That being said, it feels like it's going to take ten more years to complete this run - you guys just don't want to give up your HG early B&B's do you?  

Don't you want someone to complete a HG run? Let's work together people! :bigsmile: We can make it happen - sell me the issues I need!

My newest acquisition in this mini-run:

B&B23front1031970010savannah.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, JLA Brad said:

Boy!

Trying to complete this mini-run is an absolute exercise in patience!  These books just do not fall out of the sky in 7.5 or above, do they?  Or in the case of the #2...there are no 7.5's out there yet, but who is holding on to the 3 7.0's out there?  I'm right here, ready to buy one of them :smile:, just let me know and let's make a deal!!!

That being said, it feels like it's going to take ten more years to complete this run - you guys just don't want to give up your HG early B&B's do you?  

Don't you want someone to complete a HG run? Let's work together people! :bigsmile: We can make it happen - sell me the issues I need!

My newest acquisition in this mini-run:

B&B23front1031970010savannah.jpg

:golfclap:

They look great in grade …. You'll nail it down soon enough..... not a quest for the impatient … GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/4/2019 at 3:04 PM, jimjum12 said:

:golfclap:

They look great in grade …. You'll nail it down soon enough..... not a quest for the impatient … GOD BLESS....

Well...it took another 20 months or so from the last entry in this message thread (what? has it been that long?), but I finally picked up the final copy I needed to complete this min-run.  B&B #6 and #11 were proving to be stubborn, but in the last couple months I was finally able to get nice copies to fill out the set.  I've included a picture of the final piece of the puzzle.  

I'm pretty happy with the set I've compiled.  The lowest graded book in the set (Batman Free B&B on the registry) is B&B#2 at a CGC 7.0 and nine of my issues are graded at 9.0 or higher.

B&B6front.jpg

On 6/2/2021 at 7:08 AM, JLA Brad said:

Well...it took another 20 months or so from the last entry in this message thread (what? has it been that long?), but I finally picked up the final copy I needed to complete this min-run.  B&B #6 and #11 were proving to be stubborn, but in the last couple months I was finally able to get nice copies to fill out the set.  I've included a picture of the final piece of the puzzle.  

I'm pretty happy with the set I've compiled.  The lowest graded book in the set (Batman Free B&B on the registry) is B&B#2 at a CGC 7.0 and nine of my issues are graded at 9.0 or higher.

B&B6front.jpg

Congrats on completing the set, JLA Brad. I've been working on my own high-grade set for more than 30 years and still am about 5 issues shy. No, I don't have a nice #2. They are ALL difficult in grade, but that #2 is in a stratosphere of its own. Love this entire run more than life itself. The Kubert and Heath stories alone are worth it for the price of admission!

With the color scheme on the 2, I would imagine a truly high grade # 2 would be very difficult to let go of. In this day and age, I can only keep a few... but I still have my #23 which is from those very high grade books that all had Distributor overspray ... that copy isn't too bad, CGC gave it a 7.5 but it's structurally a bit nicer. It's raw now and will probably never be sold while I'm alive. With the Kubert gray tone cover and the origin of Viking Prince, it fits the bill for my "type set" collection. For what it's worth, I went to the Kubert School years ago, and Joe said that Hawkgirl and the viking Princess in B&B were both DEFINITELY modeled after his wife Muriel (R.I.P,). A lot of fond memories of that place... they remodeled their "mansion" ... a gorgeous Victorin home into our dormitory. GOD BLESS...