• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Captain Marvel Books (Shazam) are hot right now?

70 posts in this topic

It's been a couple of years later now - what book is going to be hot?

Rumors is Black Adam will be introduce in the next Man of Steal film. Then follow up with a solo Black Adam film. And after that -  a Captain Marvel film. 

To me...a Superman Vs Captain Marvel is getting closer. 

Edited by vane

On 6/28/2017 at 10:55 PM, OtherEric said:

Any love for this as 1st Black Adam cover? I'm half-kidding... but only half:

AE_7.jpg

There's also some interior stuff in this fanzine and it is comic book sized...I don't see why it shouldn't count as his 2nd app and first cover app. 

Captain Marvel (and fam) already went from Fawcett to DC and then lost his own name, so abnormal stuff surrounding these characters shouldn't have to be overlooked.  :)

4 hours ago, AshKenziePaul said:

There's also some interior stuff in this fanzine and it is comic book sized...I don't see why it shouldn't count as his 2nd app and first cover app. 

Captain Marvel (and fam) already went from Fawcett to DC and then lost his own name, so abnormal stuff surrounding these characters shouldn't have to be overlooked.  :)

I also think it's one of the most famous Fanzine covers.  It's definitely a nice book to have in my collection.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:32 PM, vane said:

It's been a couple of years later now - what book is going to be hot?

Rumors is Black Adam will be introduce in the next Man of Steal film. Then follow up with a solo Black Adam film. And after that -  a Captain Marvel film. 

To me...a Superman Vs Captain Marvel is getting closer. 

The Man of Steal? Some kind of crime movie?

3 years is a long time to pump a book for sale, Vane...

On the topic of Captain Marvel in World's Finest, I didn't find those very good at all.  They captured the golden age charm in Shazam, but WF was generic.  That has nothing to do with hot books, but don't buy a run expecting to sell the extras.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:01 AM, FineCollector said:

3 years is a long time to pump a book for sale, Vane...

On the topic of Captain Marvel in World's Finest, I didn't find those very good at all.  They captured the golden age charm in Shazam, but WF was generic.  That has nothing to do with hot books, but don't buy a run expecting to sell the extras.

It looks like it's going to happen.

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/01/25/rtf-exclusive-heres-next-time-youll-get-see-cavills-superman-movies/

Edited by vane

The LCS here has a Shazam #1 for 100$. Don’t know much about Shazam  but it’s a DC book from the 70s. I think Superman is on the cover, too

20 cents cover price 

Edited by NoMan