• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Captain Marvel Books (Shazam) are hot right now?

70 posts in this topic

1st comic appearance of Isis.

It is a 1st appearance tied to Shazam which means speculation should hit it sooner or later as well just like every other potential movie tied comic property nowadays........

Edited by kimik

1st comic appearance of Isis.

It is a 1st appearance tied to Shazam which means speculation should hit it sooner or later as well just like every other potential movie tied comic property nowadays........

Any 1st appearance in comics is a potential hot item.

Apparently that's the trend.

Wish I had your Shazam #28, not because of the film but I'm a Captain Marvel fan.

Edited by vane

Doesn't Shazam #8 reprint an early Black Adam appearance? So while #25 is still his first "new" appearance in the Bronze Age ...#8 might be a nice book to snag on the relatively cheap. I've got one copy in the little 1-10 set I put together but I wish I'd gotten a few more of that one.

I asked a similar question a few months back and the general response was that it's a reprint so it doesn't count as an appearance. Still a nice book to have it being a square bound 100 pager.

It actually reprints his first appearance so I'm surprised it's not more popular. A reprint should not count as a separate appearance though.

Why should Shazam 25 heat up?

Been popular for a while.

Edited by ygogolak

Doesn't Shazam #8 reprint an early Black Adam appearance? So while #25 is still his first "new" appearance in the Bronze Age ...#8 might be a nice book to snag on the relatively cheap. I've got one copy in the little 1-10 set I put together but I wish I'd gotten a few more of that one.

the reprint worked well enough for Groot.

Very nice book you have there, can you share a scan (thumbs u

Shazam 1 and Shazam 28 both books has 1st bronze appearance in DC but Shazam 28 is worth more. I know 28 is more rare but hero 1st appearance usually worth more than villan. And he's getting his own movie. I guess black Adam really popular.

Been a favorite of mine for years! I grew up watching the Shazam/Isis Hour on Saturday mornings in the 70's. In new DC continuity, Isis is tied to Black Adam, so, good chance she may have a cameo in the movie. Historically, the live adaption of the character marks the first 'super powered live action' series with a female lead. So Isis(played by the beautiful Joanna Cameron) beat The Bionic Woman(Lindsay Wagner) and Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)to the punch. 'The Secrets of Isis' has been released on DVD for those of you who maybe interested to see what the fuss was all about(including some of the Shazam cross over episodes). Here is my copy. CGC single highest graded!

s25_zpscea21819.jpg

Edited by Sagii

Been a favorite of mine for years! I grew up watching the Shazam/Isis Hour on Saturday mornings in the 70's. In new DC continuity, Isis is tied to Black Adam, so, good chance she may have a cameo in the movie. Historically, the live adaption of the character marks the first 'super powered live action' series with a female lead. So Isis(played by the beautiful Joanna Cameron) beat The Bionic Woman(Lindsay Wagner) and Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)to the punch. 'The Secrets of Isis' has been released on DVD for those of you who maybe interested to see what the fuss was all about(including some of the Shazam cross over episodes). Here is my copy. CGC single highest graded!

s25_zpscea21819.jpg

:headbang:

The Shazam 4 issue limited series is a great buy now at a low price, has early Black Adam appearances and will definitely increase soon.
I remember reading that one back in high school, and thinking how great a reboot it was then. As good as all the other DC post Crisis reboots then. Don't know why they opted it as a mini and not an ongoing (shrug) no one loved Capt. Marvel more than Roy Thomas.

s25_zpscea21819.jpg

:headbang:

:acclaim: Thank you..

Since the Superman Family issue with the "1st Enchantress cover" is getting some heat, how about Shazam #3? It has the 1st bronze cover appearances of CMJ and Mary Marvel. Nothing surprises me anymore in this hobby / business