• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uh-oh...
4 4

159 posts in this topic

The very first time I bought a comic box in a store the owner told me "you probably can't figure this out, it's really complicated, I better just do it for you." Now keep in mind I was in college so was around 20 or so. I could do it, but I guess he thought there was no way anyone else could besides himself?

So I can sort of see why this person asked the question from the start, as it must happen enough for it to be a thing.

Spatial recognition is not in everyone's ability I guess.

What happened to the JC vs TB showdown?

Deleted.

This is truly one of the best threads ever. It twists and turns and the insults come from all angles.

It also touches on stuff which would make sense down the road when one of the biggest comic book scandals broke.

It also has contributions from a classic group of boardies who only pop back up occasionally. I learned a lot about comics from these guys... :acclaim:

51 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

This thread is getting its yearly bump.

Uh-Oh.  :eek: 

39 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2012 at 1:58 PM, seanfingh said:
BlowUpTheMoon said:
  comicwiz said:

Deleted.

It lives only in my memory now.

It's been undeleted!

Good stuff!

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 12/15/2012 at 3:58 PM, seanfingh said:
BlowUpTheMoon said:
  comicwiz said:

Deleted.

It lives only in my memory now.

It's been undeleted!

Noobs (it was before my time too), behold the origin of "What do you own sonny?"

And this from delekkerste:

Hi Tom. I never would have guessed what a nice guy you'd be!

How did you come across your comics?

Seriously, if this is really Tom Brulato, then add me to the long list of those who are completely appalled. I have never met you, Tom, but I had hoped that you would be a great statesman and ambassador for the hobby instead of just another trash-talking, chest-thumping, back-slapping wanker. Like there aren't enough high-grade collecting, inadequacy-compensating snobs out there already who are ruining the hobby for the rest of us.

Tom, if I had your collection, I would feel embarrassed if I couldn't control myself from stooping so low as to taunt other collectors about whether they own a "Rom #1" or making fun of Byrne X-Men collectors as not being worthy of notice.

And while we're at it, why don't you 'fess up - isn't that your mis-cut X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 "ejaenter"'s auctioning off anyway? It's the biggest non-secret in comics that you dump your under-copies through him.

By the way, like Joe_Collector, I couldn't give a toss about your goofy Silver Age kiddie books...I collect what I like.

Gene

44 minutes ago, Transplant said:

And this from delekkerste:

Hi Tom. I never would have guessed what a nice guy you'd be!

How did you come across your comics?

Seriously, if this is really Tom Brulato, then add me to the long list of those who are completely appalled. I have never met you, Tom, but I had hoped that you would be a great statesman and ambassador for the hobby instead of just another trash-talking, chest-thumping, back-slapping wanker. Like there aren't enough high-grade collecting, inadequacy-compensating snobs out there already who are ruining the hobby for the rest of us.

Tom, if I had your collection, I would feel embarrassed if I couldn't control myself from stooping so low as to taunt other collectors about whether they own a "Rom #1" or making fun of Byrne X-Men collectors as not being worthy of notice.

And while we're at it, why don't you 'fess up - isn't that your mis-cut X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 "ejaenter"'s auctioning off anyway? It's the biggest non-secret in comics that you dump your under-copies through him.

By the way, like Joe_Collector, I couldn't give a toss about your goofy Silver Age kiddie books...I collect what I like.

Gene

It's interesting to look at the current GPA of the books in the discussion too, recognizing that pinpointing the actual book might be difficult.

59 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

None of the gifs or pics are working.

Bush league

I tried to capture some of the graemlins that I haven't seen before, or seen in a long, long time, and was unsuccessful :sorry: 

On 1/11/2005 at 2:16 PM, Ajax said:

I went to my local comic shop and bought a comic box, and the dumb thing is, I dont know how to put it together. Can anyone help? http://boards.collectors-society.com/images//graemlins/confused.gifhttp://boards.collectors-society.com/images//graemlins/tongue.gif

Think of it like one of them puzzles and work it.
Best Buy: Samsonico USA Wooden Puzzles (Set of 4) Brown SM-50950