• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot On Playing Diana & Director Patty Jenkins

A new interview with EW explores Gadot’s experience playing Justice League-founding member Wonder Woman a.k.a. Diana Prince, as well as working with Jenkins as a director. In playing one of the cornerstones characters in the DCEU, the one-time Israeli Army trainer certainly has a lot riding on her shoulders. Still, with critical plaudits from her first outing in Batman V Superman, Gadot seems more than ready to bear the heft of the Amazonian goddess’ battle armor:

“It is a big responsibility. We knew we wanted to tell a story that would inspire people: women, men, boys, and girls. And we didn’t want to just show a generic story of a superhero coming of age. We wanted her to be full and whole. This is the first time we are telling this story and I feel like for so many boys, they have great role models to work with. They have Superman and Batman and Spiderman and the list goes on and on. And they are strong and almighty and they are positive and active and proactive.”

To Gadot, though, it wasn’t just playing a strong female character that was important. It was also vital to have a woman directing DC’s Diana Prince solo effort. In the article, she discusses working with director Jenkins (pictured above), saying:

“I think it’s important. It’s a story about a girl becoming a woman. I think only a woman, who has been a girl, can be able to tell the story in the right way…All my life I’ve been working with male directors which I’ve really enjoyed. And I’m lucky in that I’ve worked with men who have a lot of respect for women. But working with a woman is a different experience. It feels like the communication is different. We talk about emotions. With Patty, it’s a thing now, we communicate with our eyes. She doesn’t need to say a thing. If I’m hurt, she feels the pain. It’s a whole different connection that I have with her. She’s also brilliant, she’s bright, she’s fierce, she’s sharp. She knows exactly what she wants Wonder Woman to be.”

:applause:

Patty Jenkins Discusses Her THOR: THE DARK WORLD Departure And WONDER WOMAN's Love Story

"When I made Monster and they asked me what I wanted to do [next], I immediately said, ‘I want to make Wonder Woman.' Everybody knew I wanted to make a superhero movie."

Thor: The Dark World also didn't pan out, but Jenkins has no hard feelings about that. "I’m still so grateful to those guys for hiring a woman to direct f—ng Thor. Why would you do that? You don’t have to do that."

"There was a period of time when we had two very different visions and I wanted them to find the right director for the job. It turned out we had a shared vision after all." What was that vision? To tell what Entertainment Weekly describes as a straight-forward origin story which would be framed by a love story between Diana Prince and Steve Trevor. "I didn’t want to do anything more complicated. From my point of view, this was the movie I was talking to them about for about eight or nine years. I’ve met with 10 different people at Warner Bros and then it all came together in this one moment. Part of the reason I’m in such a good mood is this is the movie I’ve wanted to make my entire life. I feel so grateful that I get to be able to do this."

:applause:

Life-Size Wonder Woman LEGO Statue To Be Displayed At Comic-Con

SDCC’s schedule is jam-packed as Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment will have plenty of panels to keep comic fans hyped. With DC Comics’ newest Rebirth arc launched this summer, Wonder Woman fans have been treated to a well-received spin-off series that focuses on the strong-willed warrior. And, soon, SDCC attendees will get to see Gal Gadot heading a Wonder Woman panel alongside her cast mates. As this year also coincides with Wonder Woman’s 75th anniversary, DC decided to go all out and pulled strings with LEGO to have a GIANT Wonder Woman statue erected in honor of the beloved character.

The massive creation stands at over 6’1” and contains a whopping 22,736 LEGOs. Should the statue tragically break whilst on display, walking through the fall-out would be a nightmare for any soul unlucky enough to step on a rogue brick. The complex piece took nearly 100 hours to design and then required another 218 hours to build as a team of artists assembled it.

bn-ox345-ww2-jv-20160714071210-190754.jpgbn-ox346-ww3-jv-20160714071743-190755.jpg

:applause::whee::applause:

25954239c3.jpg

this is one of the coolest posters I've seen in a while.