• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Its better then all 3 of those easily. What I missed really was the humor which isn't in this one too much. I don't think it really goes full Super Hero till the last 30 minutes which honestly is the worse part of the movie I thought maybe someone else will disagree.

The last 30 minutes is the worst part of the movie for a few reasons!

Humor was lacking, very dark for wonder woman. She is a great character of light & hope, this was very grim for her.

I liked it, it's just some people have said "best superhero movie ever" & I don't see that.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

why would you see a mediocre movie twice? (shrug)

I should have clarified, I went with a friend who hadn't seen it and asked me to go.  I could have been a heel and said no it stinks, but they offered to pay for the ticket and food so why not.  :S

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Humor was lacking, very dark for wonder woman. She is a great character of light & hope, this was very grim for her.

I liked it, it's just some people have said "best superhero movie ever" & I don't see that.

Cheers

Spoiler

Not to mention Ares the God of War looked like Mr. Magoo.

7 minutes ago, comics4all said:

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Its better then all 3 of those easily. What I missed really was the humor which isn't in this one too much. I don't think it really goes full Super Hero till the last 30 minutes which honestly is the worse part of the movie I thought maybe someone else will disagree.

Cheers

I agree its just a good step in the right direction for DC. They needed this film to do well.

Just now, NUNYABZ said:
  Hide contents

Not to mention Ares the God of War looked like Mr. Magoo.

Yes my wife who knows nothing about comics commented on that as well!

I did like her relationship with Steve I thought they did that really well. The 2 of them had Chemistry!

A No prize to the 1st person who tells me that something Diana says reminds them of the "Princess Bride" movie from the 80s!

Just now, fastballspecial said:

I agree its just a good step in the right direction for DC. They needed this film to do well.

I think it will.

It's Wonder Woman!

She deserved her own movie long before this!

Trailer for Justice league that showed before WW didn't look so hot....

1 hour ago, comics4all said:

Trailer for Justice league that showed before WW didn't look so hot....

I did not see a trailer for JLA movie. Just saw what seemed to be an intro to animated DC Universe :acclaim: in place of the flipping of Marvel comics pages intro to Marvel movies.

WW movie was better than I expected. Nice balance of romance, few gags, history of Paradise Island, better epic battle conclusion than BvS: Dawn of Justice.

3/5 stars.

Gal Gadot is fantastic as WW. Perfectly cast, perfectly played. As was said earlier, chemistry with Steve Trevor was well done, boat scene dialogue was quite humorous. Telling of early backstory was well told and fit with the plot. Also, WW performance in the trench war and battles was excellent. Perfectly cheer-worthy.

However...

Spoiler

The movie itself needed editing, probably could have cut 15-20 minutes. Again as others have said, the final battle was the weakest part, Ares was just ridiculous. Professor Lupin trying to look like Magneto. Despite some good humorous attempts early on, by mid-movie the overall tone was darker than it needed to be (hey, it's DC) and a bit preachy especially by the end.

Still, for WW first solo movie, she did good. Nothing about her or her backstory was weak IMO.

Edited by jcjames

The feedback so far seems to be it's an entertaining movie with solid casting and a good story. It just needed a better third act, and slightly less screen time so as not to lag.

The villains sound like a mixed review. A powerful looking Ares like the animated Wonder Woman would be great. And I like the idea of it ending with him feeding the flames for the next world war. It's what the character design would lead you to assume he would do.

Another first for a DCEU movie - a CinemaScore of 'A'.

‘Wonder Woman’ Breaks Glass Ceiling For Female Directors With $98M+ Debut; Earns ‘A’ CinemaScore

After weathering lackluster critical scores and OK fan responses with last year’s Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, all is well and correct in the Warner Bros./DC universe as Wonder Woman is both a hit with critics (94% Certified Fresh Rotten Tomatoes) and audiences alike earning an A CinemaScore on top of her current $98M opening.  Out of all the titles in the WB/DC canon, Wonder Woman owns one of five rare A grades along with  Batman, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Saturday will determine if Wonder Woman propels past $100M, and a few believe it’s not out of the question.

Now Wonder Woman can look forward to some super powerful long legs for the rest of summer thanks to both a great Rotten Tomato rating and excellent audience reaction, read Screen Engine/ComScore is now reporting a 74% definite recommend for the Gal Gadot movie.

Edited by Bosco685

Very few SH movies have handled the mythic particularly well. What made this movie thrilling was Diana's internal growth - you always wonder if she can withstand the bullets. What made it human was Steve Trevor's sacrifice. What made it epic was that a little girl turned out to be a goddess.

Greater than Superman.

And by the end perhaps more powerful.

And more human.

If they could only learn from this, what might we see?

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Tickets for Sunday at 10:15am purchased

i was going to buy them on Thursday but we weren't sure of the time we could go. Plenty of tickets were available for the first showing. However by Friday night there was probably only 6 seats left (not including the first 2 rows)

it would appear word is spreading as a must see film

8 hours ago, GoSpideyGo said:

I'm crazy about the movie. Saw it twice already. 3rd time tomorrow/today. All at Dolby Cinema outlets. Fantastic. 

1. Wonder Woman

2. Man Of Steel (and I LOVED this movie)

3. Batman Vs Superman

4. Suicide Squad

I enjoyed Man of Steel at the cinema and the Batman Vs Superman Ultimate Edition Blu-ray, and so this is encouraging for me.

Should be seeing it Monday afternoon.

Edited by Ken Aldred