• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

arton1987.jpg

BREAKING BAD DIRECTOR MICHELLE MACLAREN IN TALKS FOR WONDER WOMAN MOVIE

Variety reports that MacLaren is “in talks” to take on the Wonder Woman film, which Charles Roven will produce for a June 23, 2017, release. Roven has also produced Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Dark Knight trilogy, and Man of Steel.

Little is known about the plot of the Wonder Woman movie, though the character will first appear in Dawn of Justice when it hits in March 2016.

TWO MORE FEMALE DIRECTORS IN RUNNING FOR WONDER WOMAN NAMED

The Hollywood Reporter have now added to their earlier report about Michelle MacLaren being the frontrunner to helm Wonder Woman by revealing two other directors who have met with Warner Bros. According to the site, they've also been talking to Lesli Linka Glatter, a director and co-executive producer on Homeland, and Jennifer Kent, the director of the well-received horror movie The Babadook. Both of those obviously have strong female leads, but they add that these meetings may not have been for Wonder Woman, pointing out that the studio "is not married to the idea of a female director."

WW Movie set in the 20s

news link

"We know there’s a Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017. We know it will star Gal Gadot in the lead, and she also appears in Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

But as of this date, we presumed it would be set in the modern day. Well, why wouldn’t we?

It’s not. I have been informed by those who have seen the greenlit treatment that the film will spend the first half on Paradise Island with warring Amazon factions vying for control.

An arrival of a man on the island changes that status quo, as he asks the Amazons for help. Not necessarily Steve Trevor either…

Because when Wonder Woman joins him on his return to the world of Man, we all discover that it is the 1920s. And the film will then show Diana exploring that world – a world where women have only just got the vote – from her… unique perspective.

A planned sequel would then take place during World War II in the thirties and forties. This of course was the period that the seventies TV show began in, before shifting to the then-modern day.

And a threequel would then take place in the modern day, with the Justice League Of America.

So. Not the Wonder Woman we were expecting. But the period-set Captain America; The First Avenger didn’t do too badly, did it?"

nice job Bosco685 for starting the thread. i do wonder if we going to hear news about the director soon a long with the casting news of SS.

:blush:

Thanks!

They have definitely attracted some interesting candidates.

nice job Bosco685 for starting the thread. i do wonder if we going to hear news about the director soon a long with the casting news of SS.

Thanks!

I agree - good timing for this thread :golfclap: Thanks Bosco685!

Thanks!

I agree - good timing for this thread :golfclap: Thanks Bosco685!

:luhv:

I am hoping even though I have concerns with Gal Gadot pulling this off the creative team associated with this movie will knock it out of the park. This movie has been a long time coming.

:wishluck:

:headbang:

That is one heck of an amazing resume.

Michelle MacLaren IMDb

She directed an episode of the X-Files TV show as well.

The X-Files (TV Series) (1 episode)

- John Doe (2002)

And Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones (TV Series) (4 episodes)

- First of His Name (2014)

- Oathkeeper (2014)

- Second Sons (2013)

- The Bear and the Maiden Fair (2013)

I forgot what a great episode this was.

In the chambers of the Kingsguard, Jaime tasks Brienne with finding Sansa. He urges her to find and keep the girl safe from those who would hand her over to Cersei and provides her with a horse, supplies, and a freshly forged suit of armor. Jaime then gifts her with the sword his father gave him, saying that the Valarian steel is forged from Ned Stark's sword and that the steel from Ned Stark's sword should be used to defend Ned Stark's daughters. He also insists she take Podrick Payne with her as a squire, both as a reward for the boy's service to Tyrion and to keep him safe from those who would seek to use him against his former master. Before departing, Brienne names the sword "Oathkeeper" and vows to find Sansa, for the sake of Jaime and Lady Catelyn.

Dang locked Youtube video.

2017 is too far off for me. I think they should move it up on the schedule. Before Marvel brings out a great female superhero lead and beats them to it yet again.

Maybe they want it far off to give Gal Gadot time to put some meat on those skinny bones. :baiting: