• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

WW Movie set in the 20s

news link

"We know there’s a Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017. We know it will star Gal Gadot in the lead, and she also appears in Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

But as of this date, we presumed it would be set in the modern day. Well, why wouldn’t we?

It’s not. I have been informed by those who have seen the greenlit treatment that the film will spend the first half on Paradise Island with warring Amazon factions vying for control.

An arrival of a man on the island changes that status quo, as he asks the Amazons for help. Not necessarily Steve Trevor either…

Because when Wonder Woman joins him on his return to the world of Man, we all discover that it is the 1920s. And the film will then show Diana exploring that world – a world where women have only just got the vote – from her… unique perspective.

A planned sequel would then take place during World War II in the thirties and forties. This of course was the period that the seventies TV show began in, before shifting to the then-modern day.

And a threequel would then take place in the modern day, with the Justice League Of America.

So. Not the Wonder Woman we were expecting. But the period-set Captain America; The First Avenger didn’t do too badly, did it?"

I wonder if they're going to be any cameos of the Justice Society.

I'm not convinced Nolan is as great as everyone makes him out to be (just go and see Interstellar) and I do think this move, getting a Female director with a bunch of successful-film notches on her belt already, is a very good one.

I think this movie is going to rock. :headbang:

I don't take anything away from Marvel, but they do have some major issues with regard to their properties and until that's all resolved, we may see a rise in the fortunes of the DC properties with all the great films planned for the next few years.

Well Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, Batman Trilogy, Inception, Man of Steel (advisory role as executive producer) Interstellar.....were all great movies imho. Some of them were fantastic, again imho.

To me at least, there has been no great, very good......or even just good DC movies (Watchman an exception I guess) since early 90s with Batman Returns. Except those noted above that are attached to Nolan.

Whereas Marvel, cannot do really any wrong with their movies and their directors for my viewing pleasure.

I want every comic book or graphic novel based movie that comes out to be awesome!!! No matter what publisher it's based, or Director, or Producer behind it.

I would love WW to be a great flick or just a very good flick even. I personally am not holding my breath with DC's weak (minus Nolan) track record. But optimism is a great thing and with DC, I feel you need it.

Where would DC be right now amongst this onslaught of comic movies if Nolan did not due the Trilogy for them? Or with his "attachment" to Man of Steel?

Would they even be on the map or any map?

(Perhaps I am bias since I do very much so enjoy the majority of movies Nolan is a part of. I just feel DC owes their left nut to Nolan for what he has done for them. I surmise Warner Bros, thinks he has somewhat of a Midas touch when pertaining to their revenue on the comic front)

Or perhaps it is just the Studios who are to blame for DC's track record & they are the ones to thank for Marvel's success -

Edited by icculus308win

I'm sorry but if you take the Trilogy and Man of Steel out......DC had:

Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Superman Returns, Watchman, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern.

Not quite the most........stellar consecutive lineup of comic flicks above.

Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Superman Returns, Watchman, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern.

the same can be said about Marvel remove all the Marvel Studios movies and we'll left with bad movies also.

Well Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, Batman Trilogy, Inception, Man of Steel (advisory role as executive producer) Interstellar.....were all great movies imho. Some of them were fantastic, again imho.

To me at least, there has been no great, very good......or even just good DC movies (Watchman an exception I guess) since early 90s with Batman Returns. Except those noted above that are attached to Nolan.

Whereas Marvel, cannot do really any wrong with their movies and their directors for my viewing pleasure.

I want every comic book or graphic novel based movie that comes out to be awesome!!! No matter what publisher it's based, or Director, or Producer behind it.

I would love WW to be a great flick or just a very good flick even. I personally am not holding my breath with DC's weak (minus Nolan) track record. But optimism is a great thing and with DC, I feel you need it.

Where would DC be right now amongst this onslaught of comic movies if Nolan did not due the Trilogy for them? Or with his "attachment" to Man of Steel?

(Perhaps I am bias since I do very much so enjoy the majority of movies Nolan is a part of. I just feel DC owes their left nut to Nolan for what he has done for them. I surmise Warner Bros, thinks he has somewhat of a Midas touch when pertaining to their revenue on the comic front)

Or perhaps it is just the Studios who are to blame for DC's track record & they are the ones to thank for Marvel's success -

i think saying without Nolan DC wouldn't were they are today and the same can be of any comic book movie out today would be successful. what nolan did was show the world that superhero movies can great films.

2017 is too far off for me. I think they should move it up on the schedule. Before Marvel brings out a great female superhero lead and beats them to it yet again.

Marvel will keep beating them, unless Nolan as at the helm again for DC.

i wouldn't1 want nolan involed in the creation of the DCCU, for the fact that he would remove a lot of the magic and fantasy that comes with DCU.

the same can be said about Marvel remove all the Marvel Studios movies and we'll left with bad movies also.

Watchman, really? I thought that was pretty groundbreaking.

I wasn't gonna go there but since you open it up - Marvel has had a few stinkers too - even the movies they aren't producing had the Marvel logo on it. They have a big challenge ahead getting their properties back.

I think DC is slowly getting their act together (hopefully) I mean the line up of films, the really good extensions into TV, and the people they are pulling together. Time will tell, but it looks pretty good.

I honestly want Marvel to get FF and Spider-man back (I love them both) and continue to do well and keep the pressure on DC to make better films.

one can look at it in a way if wonder woman is made with the rich history of the character/ greek gods without change anything much and turns out to be great. it could make the thor movies look bad since the thor movies are the weakest movies marvel has right now.

one can look at it in a way if wonder woman is made with the rich history of the character/ greek gods without change anything much and turns out to be great. it could make the thor movies look bad since the thor movies are the weakest movies marvel has right now.

Maybe, but the Destroyer was done amazingly.

Watchman, really? I thought that was pretty groundbreaking.

I wasn't gonna go there but since you open it up - Marvel has had a few stinkers too - even the movies they aren't producing had the Marvel logo on it. They have a big challenge ahead getting their properties back.

I think DC is slowly getting their act together (hopefully) I mean the line up of films, the really good extensions into TV, and the people they are pulling together. Time will tell, but it looks pretty good.

I honestly want Marvel to get FF and Spider-man back (I love them both) and continue to do well and keep the pressure on DC to make better films.

I did have in parenthesis, "(Watchman an exception I guess)" in my longer post.

I agree DC has a great lineup ahead. But so does Marvel. I'm not holding my breath for Marvel though...... Like you stated "hopefully" DC can get their act together.

I would love for WW to be awesome and a success!

But it is going to be tough to do. No matter the Director or Studio or actors & actresses. We have Elecktra & Catwoman thus far I think......those did not fair well in any aspect. You would think Marvel would have tackled a Black Widow spinoff first and than DC would see how it went over than, try WW. Perhaps DC will turn over a new leaf for Heroines. I'm hoping so.

Totally agree about Spidey & FF.

i think saying without Nolan DC wouldn't were they are today and the same can be of any comic book movie out today would be successful. what nolan did was show the world that superhero movies can great films.

I agree.

But I would want him at the creation of DC Universe. So would any studio I believe.

I like his take, but understand that some of the aspects you like or want, Nolan might not be able to provide with his style. I dig where your coming from.

Nolan's work stands as the high-water mark for DC movies thus far. But I think maybe it's time to let others take a shot at it. The Dark Knight series was his masterpiece and better to leave the genre on a high note.

Nolan's work stands as the high-water mark for DC movies thus far. But I think maybe it's time to let others take a shot at it. The Dark Knight series was his masterpiece and better to leave the genre on a high note.

Exactly.......hence why I am not going to see Bat v Sup. Don't understand why they are attempting to reinvent the best wheel. Why mess with a very good thing.

Exactly.......hence why I am not going to see Bat v Sup. Don't understand why they are attempting to reinvent the best wheel. Why mess with a very good thing.

Think of it as another chapter - the Frank Miller Dark Knight.

bezause the last time they tried to use what was great it turn out like (superman returns). i'm happy that we going to see a different batman and maybe one closer to the comics.