• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, paperheart said:

didn't she receive one for Thor 2? sometimes things happen for a reason...

She dropped out of directing Thor: The Dark World. So her superhero day finally came.

9 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

just got home; terrific flick.   can't wait to see it again.

It was good but it had a lot of flaws

Dc still doesn't make a movie as good as Marvel IMHO

Just got back after seeing it with some coworkers and we loved it, LOVED IT :applause: @skypinkblu Sharon it's amazing can't wait to take the wife and daughter this weekend it's what they've been waiting for (thumbsu

Edited by Azkaban

5 hours ago, Azkaban said:

Just got back after seeing it with some coworkers and we loved it, LOVED IT :applause: @skypinkblu Sharon it's amazing can't wait to take the wife and daughter this weekend it's what they've been waiting for (thumbsu

@AzkabanI'm gong Monday, I don't love crowds, lol...so glad to hear Dwayne, thanks for the review.

On 5/31/2017 at 6:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

The 'female-only' showings are getting some interesting support.

Avengers Star Defends Women-Only Wonder Woman Screenings

0HGLwDP.png

And yet it is sounding like a success before the event even occurred.

Women-only Wonder Woman showings sell out despite outcry

I didn't read about those, but  I won't be going to any female only showings. I wouldn't like the idea of  a male only showing of something, so I won't support a female only showing...and I'm taking my daughter who won't go to one either.

16 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't read about those, but  I won't be going to any female only showings. I wouldn't like the idea of  a male only showing of something, so I won't support a female only showing...and I'm taking my daughter who won't go to one either.

From what I read, it was limited showings setup to support Planned Parenthood.

mhhCT2e.png

So it wasn't like certain theaters declared 'NO MEN ALLOWED' on-going. Just something to celebrate Womanhood, along with supporting those needing birth planning education.

10 hours ago, comics4all said:

It was good but it had a lot of flaws

Dc still doesn't make a movie as good as Marvel IMHO

it's worse than IM2, IM3, AoU? Hard to imagine.  I still think this could pull a Deadpool like surprise where the late tracking is saying $100MM and it does $130MM.

Went to it last night.  This movie is really good.  When they announced the Gal Gadot casting years ago I was one of the nay sayers.  Man, I was WRONG.  Gadot OWNS this roll.  She IS Wonder Woman.  She is 100% authentic and believable in this roll.  I was actually really moved by her performance.  Chris Pine is perfect too.  The chemistry between them is palpable.

If I were to nit pick anything, I would say they could have trimmed 5-10 minutes from the middle.  It's a REALLY good movie, I can't imagine any one not liking it.

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

it's worse than IM2, IM3, AoU? Hard to imagine.  I still think this could pull a Deadpool like surprise where the late tracking is saying $100MM and it does $130MM.

IM 3 was a trainwreck! Don't know how that got made.....

I will say that Gadot, Pine & their crew were great!

I'm just glad they did WW well, it would have sucked if it was another catwoman or affleckdaredevil. Too iconic of a character to flub.

Let me know when you have seen I don't want to say any spoilers here

39 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Went to it last night.  This movie is really good.  When they announced the Gal Gadot casting years ago I was one of the nay sayers.  Man, I was WRONG.  Gadot OWNS this roll.  She IS Wonder Woman.  She is 100% authentic and believable in this roll.  I was actually really moved by her performance.  Chris Pine is perfect too.  The chemistry between them is palpable.

If I were to nit pick anything, I would say they could have trimmed 5-10 minutes from the middle.  It's a REALLY good movie, I can't imagine any one not liking it.

^^ 

I really enjoyed it.  Gadot was absolutely fantastic.  Themiscyra was absolutely perfect.  If I was to nitpick, about the only thing I didn't like was: 

Spoiler

Remus Lupin didn't make a very good Ares.  His voice and physical frame are still just too small and gentle once he throws off the weak facade.  The armor helped of course, but I would have appreciated some more weight to him as an actor.  Not a great casting choice.  But didn't take away too much.

1st and second acts were my favorite parts - the battelfield scene through smashing the clock tower sniper was just insanely good.

Wonder Woman Debuts To Record-Setting Thursday Night At The Box Office

Wonder Woman was projected to be a hit, but the box office predictions continue to rise going into opening weekend. If the opening night numbers are any indication, those numbers will only get higher as the days go by.

The Patty Jenkins-helmed film had a stellar preview night on Thursday, hauling in $11 million in the US alone. If you were wondering, that set a new record.

Wonder Woman now has the biggest preview night of any film with a female director. And, to be honest, it wasn't even close.

The previous record-holder was Fifty Shades of Grey, directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson. Shades debuted to $8.6 million on Thursday night, so Wonder Woman easily took the title with over $2 million to spare.