• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, valiantman said:
  Hide contents

I don't think so.  She joins the battle in Superman vs. Batman after getting off a plane that she had already boarded.

I thought the same thing.

Spoiler

But didn't she have a high-rise apartment where she was packing her bags before the flight?

18 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought the same thing.

Reveal hidden contents

But didn't she have a high-rise apartment where she was packing her bags before the flight?

Spoiler

If she works at the Louvre, then it's unlikely the battle flashing in the distance was Gotham.

Sorry for all the spoilers people... to be honest, we're not sure what we're talking about. lol

52 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

One question about the movie I was thinking about. When she jumps off the building at the end in full battle gear...

Hide contents

...is that her heading off to the battle in Batman v Superman since now she comes across energized again about the beauty of life?

I don't think that's the case, because the presumably the end scene of WW happens after the beginning scene of WW.  And the beginning scene of WW I think had to have happened after the BvS movie, because she receives the item which is in reference to events in the BvS movie (note the item is also seen at the beginning of the movie). 

Though the final scene in battle gear did strike me as odd, as WW isn't really like spiderman or batman dressed up and patrolling the city all the time, and generally seems to only suit up upon imminent somewhat grand battle.  So either there's some imminent threat in modern day Paris, or the final scene was just superhero posturing for the cameras....

Hopefully that answered the question without spoiling anything.

2 hours ago, revat said:

Though the final scene in battle gear did strike me as odd, as WW isn't really like spiderman or batman dressed up and patrolling the city all the time, and generally seems to only suit up upon imminent somewhat grand battle.  So either there's some imminent threat in modern day Paris, or the final scene was just superhero posturing for the cameras....

Hopefully that answered the question without spoiling anything.

Thinking back on the beginning scene and then the very end, I assumed it was the next step leading to the Justice League. I'll have to check if anyone has posted the final scene online, and if any structures around her relate to Paris or Gotham/Metropolis.

Finally got to see this, and I did enjoy it quite a bit however I feel this movie is getting some undue credit.  The first half hour with Diana's training and all the Themyscira and Amazon stuff was awesome...some really good casting in those parts.  But the human guys and Ares were pretty weak, IMHO as well as the last battle.  I'm getting a little tired of all the slow-mo in the fight scenes...it didn't seem like a necessity during her training scenes so why so much in her outfit scenes?  I left Guardians 2 feeling like I'd had a much more meaningful experience, that being said I liked this as much or a bit more that MOS (which I thought was pretty good, too).  Both MUCH better than BVS.

A video review of the movie talking through the general details calls out in the end when Wonder Woman jumps off the building, she is in Paris. So I am assuming that is her returning to help form the Justice League.

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

Right.  Titanic had an "arranged marriage" female who went against her society and her mother's expectations to choose her life for herself.

Wonder Woman goes against her society and her mother's expectations to choose her life for herself... and save the world.

It's a new generation, and the message now includes saving the world.

Yeah, I don't see them as being similar in any way. I was not nauseous watching this movie. I thought of Titanic as a romance with a tiny bit of side adventure (the sinking of the ship). This was an adventure with a tiny bit of romance.

But that's just me;) 

On 6/12/2017 at 11:00 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I thought Civil War had its moments and was definitely better than Age of Ultron, but it was a definite step down from Winter Soldier.

Take out the superheroes, and Winter Soldier was a better espionage film than Jason Bourne, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, or Spectre.

Winter Soldier was really AWESOME.  

Marvel Studios President Praises Wonder Woman's Female Representation

kevin-feige-wonder-woman-1002750.jpg

During a recent interview, Feige praised the success of Wonder Woman, not only admitting it's a good movie but also saying that he believed it will help female-led movies as a whole.

“The success of Wonder Woman is wonderful,” Feige told AlloCiné (via ScreenGeek). “It makes us incredibly happy. Finally, we can put to rest the falsehood that audiences don’t want to see female characters. We never believed that was true. There were a run of movies that just weren’t very good 10-15 years ago that caused that reputation. I’m glad that Wonder Woman has blown that away.”

The producer also addressed all those "DC vs. Marvel" posts that come out after each new superhero movie, saying that it might be fun for fans and the entertainment press, but it doesn't really resonate with him.

“There’s not really a rivalry. The rivalry is much more amongst the press, I think,” Feige said. “Geoff Johns is a very good friend of mine. We grew up together in the business and recently celebrated Richard Donner, who we both used to work for. So, I applaud all the success he’s had. I really just look at it as a fan. When the movies perform well and are well received, it’s good for us – which is why I’m always rooting for them.”

Captain Marvel's Brie Larson Praises Wonder Woman Director Patty Jenkins

cH5IoRM.png

99rzVLS.png

KnkpMF9.png

Wonder Woman has received universal praise from fans and the filmmaking community, but she's received some love from the Marvel superhero community as well.

Namely from Captain Marvel herself Brie Larson, who will headline the first female-led movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe next year. Larson sent Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins a message on Twitter

The praise continues.

Jon Hamm Praises Gal Gadot & Wonder Woman

jon-hamm-gal-gadot-1002862-640x320.jpg

Wonder Woman's first big-screen solo film has drawn plenty of praise from those in the entertainment industry, with everyone from Oprah Winfrey to Marvel's Kevin Feige complimenting the film on its success. Joining the list is Jon Hamm, best known for starring in AMC's Mad Men. In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, the actor praised the film and its star Gal Gadot.

"If you look at what's happening right now with Patty Jenkins' movie and my friend Gal Gadot's movie," Hamm explained, "and the box office right now, it's been a pretty good year. I got to see that movie Friday, and it was so fantastic and I was so pleased for all involved, especially Gal."

Apparently, Hamm expressed his congratulations to Gadot, who he costarred with in 2016's Keeping Up With The Joneses, soon after.

"I sent her a really long email," Hamm revealed. "I was just so pleased [with Wonder Woman]. It's so nice when, like, a true friend of yours has success like that. It's really kind of amazing."

Great performance by Wonder Woman so far.  In its 12th day of release it has caught and surpassed the Man of Steel's totals through 12 days:

Wonder Woman: $221,460,034 (domestic 12 day tally)

Man of Steel: $219,812,745 (domestic 12 day tally)

So far WW is holding much better than any of the other 3 DCEU movies, having out-grossed all of them in each of the last 6 days.