• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LMFAO!

41 posts in this topic

I would, but then everyone would know my username and bids. Heritage needs to get that sheot fixed! mad.gif

Go to Heritage.com, type in lot #6485 (or Space Action #1), and check it out! The back cover looks like a POS.

"Heritage needs to get that sheot fixed!"

They have a lot more important things to fix then their web page. Have you not seen enough proof yet to understand that Heritage gets special treatment from CGC on grading? Stop acting surprised and start to expect it, it's easier to take it that way. wink.gif

A modern that looked like that book would get a grade that a comic mauled by a lion would get...a 4.0-5.5 if you were lucky. Sheesh, I sold an ASM 300 9.0 for what many would consider a song...and it had a fairly damage free cover and corners (some damage to the corners, no problem admitting that), the only major flaws were a series of small spine stress marks on the back cover that broke color, and there were no stains/scratches/scuff marks--so my ASM 300 gets a 9.0, but that book also gets a 9.0....OY!!

I LOVE CGC (I actually enjoy submitting POS modern books like USM 33-36, etc.), but c'mon Steve...that book was not graded correctly, and quality control the day it was graded must have been on vacation.

Wow, I would kill to get a 9.0 on some of my moderns that only had a fraction of the damage that book shows. Being realistic, I know some of my Jonah Hex's with much less damage (mostly a rounded corner/some spine stress marks) would be lucky to clear an 8.5, if I was LUCKY they would get a 9.2-9.4 (hence the reason I am not going to grade them for selling on ebay, maybe when I come into money I will get them graded for my own pleasure).

So far CGC has done a SUPERB job grading my books, but I am starting to understand why people have issues with CGC (I did not thrown in the word superb to be a brown-noser, just pointing out that they pretty much nailed the grades on ALL the moderns I have sent in).

Edited to add: After viewing the humongous scan...I now feel that the book is not a 4.0-5.5, BUT it is no better than Fine-/Fine at BEST. No way a modern would get a 9.0 looking like that particular comic.

Christopher, Please note your usage of the trademarked word "HENCE" as being used by permission (once you secure such to use the term) of Araich. I would check the words "albeit" and "ergo" periodically as well as their unsecured use may, at any time, also eventually fall under the same possible trademark infringement. Just a heads up. cool.gif