• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #48 CLUB : THE INTERGALACTIC BEACH CLUB II
11 11

332 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

Here’s my 48. It’s a purple label 5.0 that I cracked out. The bottom has obviously been trimmed and the label says the top was, too, but I can’t tell. I only paid 150 for it a few years ago so I’m happy with it.

C27FA280-E4E5-4A58-A441-5813EECEC6FB.thumb.jpeg.f15c1ee0e6e601198c056852dd6350a9.jpeg

Very pretty.  You should post it in the “Store Stamp Love” Thread.  Someone from Ohio might recognize the bookstore and get excited.

I got some FFs about 15 years ago to read. Had read many as a kid then drifted away from Marvel never to return. I thought I would read the first 100 and bought then in batches from the US as it made shipping cheaper. Missed out of 48-51. In 2019 at ECC on last day 1/2 price sale day I commented to a dealer that I could not find many FF. He informed me that Fox was talking to Disney. With that info I bought every 48 and 49 I could find here over the next 6 months. Nothing special, the 48s are probably 3.5-4.5 and the 49s are probably 4.0-7.0-7.5, and then stopped and waited, went back to paying agents way too much for their artists art.

I cannot believe what they are now pulling in the US. This book was not a OPG top 50 SA and never has been. It will certainly bump someone off the list next year and jump right past a whole slew of much rarer keys. For a book that is still very common ... insane.

"Where will this madness end " .. and lets not talk about ASM  3 !!!

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

I've been of the belief that amidst this massive run up in prices for books that if there is one book out there worthy of growth...it's FF48.  For such a well known issue, I feel like prices are low, relative to the increases I'm seeing from other titles. 

That's because it's the easiest to find Silver Age Marvel key, by far, because it was present in multiple warehouse finds.  If not for the high supply it would easily be worth 4x to 10x what it has historically sold for.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, ExNihilo said:

I've been of the belief that amidst this massive run up in prices for books that if there is one book out there worthy of growth...it's FF48.  For such a well known issue, I feel like prices are low, relative to the increases I'm seeing from other titles.  I fully expect the Silver Surfer to make an appearance in the MCU at some point and can see this book increasing in value even if/when the existing collectors bubble bursts.  With that in mind, I went out and put my money where my mouth is and bought an investment copy.  At first, I was really only looking at grade relative to price, but once I took a look at this book up close, it presents really well.  Especially with the white pages and the near perfect centering on the spine.

IMG_1418.thumb.jpg.8d2af04591dd9c271e17d2aab56fb6d1.jpg

A 9.2 just sold on Heritage for $19,200. More than double the previous high. Hold on to your FF 48s! 🤯🙌

Screenshot_20210406-233023_Chrome.jpg

On 4/8/2021 at 6:50 PM, Gazoony said:

A 9.2 just sold on Heritage for $19,200. More than double the previous high. Hold on to your FF 48s! 🤯🙌

Screenshot_20210406-233023_Chrome.jpg

Any guesses on what this insane 9.8 with perfect white pages is going to go for?! Also I believe a 9.2 just sold in the previous C-Link auction for like $22K.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26ItemType%3D0%26f1%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di.Title%2C%2Bi.IssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire3%3DDESC%23Item_1479746&id=1479746&itemType=0

E4004279-E652-47DB-AA94-65EDFF693BA1.jpeg

47 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I say it goes for at least 50k. I wish it was a little bit more centered though. LOL.

Edit:

I didn't click the link so I didn't realize it's already at 53k with 8 days left.  Jesus. 

Edited by Gazoony

24 minutes ago, alexgross.com said:

look whose site you are on my friend. pics of the competition are not allowed here. 

I didn't realize we can't post pics of the competition. I thought that was just for selling or trading?