• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #48 CLUB : THE INTERGALACTIC BEACH CLUB II
11 11

332 posts in this topic

This might be asked a million times in other threads.  But specifically for this book, what would you guys prefer, in what order.

1. Pen / Pencil / Writing / Stamp (Post production markings)

2. Centering

3. Page Color

That's my personal order for this book.

I can't handle seeing writing on covers, if it is on back cover, I'm okay with that.  Centering is pretty important to me as well, I don't mind THAT much if back cover shows a little or even front cover wraps around, but I try to make sure it looks straight.

I use to care A LOT about white pages.  But I've come to realize that these are super old books.  Over time they will all de-grade.  And reality is, it's probably NOT white pages, if you get the book re-graded.  I try to avoid Cream pages, and a hard no for brittle pages.

What do you guys look for?

They're just too easy to find without stamps and writing.  If they were as rare as Golden Age books I wouldn't care because I wouldn't have a choice, but knowing that another copy will come around within a few months or years, I always pass on writing/stamps.

As far as the 48 goes.

#1 would be centering first, that book's miswrap and the "ARVEL Omics Roup" drives me crazy. 

#2 Would be page quality, It's it's cream to off-white or Off White...I'll pass. 

#3 Date stamps/Writing...This is the least of my first world problems as long as it's not excessive.  

So what does the news around Fox accepting the Disney deal do to the prices of our FF48’s? They already got a huge increase off the original news months ago - does that repeat or it it moderate gains?

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, aszumilo said:

Not the prettiest copy, but, it's mine now.

img019.thumb.jpg.802836d4a22e057e206bbca4a9a6e722.jpg

Coming home in a 3.5 slab

light pieces out to cover
light, multiple water stain interior cover
moderate creasing to cover
split bottom of spine
split top of spine

Edited by aszumilo