• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Clutter! posted by JMoses

6 posts in this topic

People request sets, then don't fill them.

Have a look at this list:

Adam Strange (1990)

Adventures of Captain America

Adventures of Kool-Aid Man

Adventures of the Jaguar

After the Cape

Alabaster

Alarming Adventures

Alf

Alien Legion (1987)

Alien Legion - Mini-Series

Alien Pig Farm 3000

All-Famous Crime

Alpha Girl (Image)

Amazing Adventures of the Escapist

Amazing Spider-Man Canadian Price Variants

Amazing Spider-Man 129 Foreign Editions

Amazing Spider-Man UK Editions (15-120)

America's Funniest Comics

A-Next

Andy Devine Western

Angel Spotlight

Annihilation 1-4 w/ Variants

Animal Mystic

Annie (1982)

Aphrodite IX Volume 2

Aquaman (1989)

Archie #401-#599

Archie Digest First Issues

Archie's Pals 'N' Gals

Arion Lord of Atlantis

Avengers UK Editions (1-100)

Avengers Forever

Back to the Future Harvey

Bat-Hound (Ace)

Batman 227 Foreign Set

Batman Beyond (1999)

Batman: Manbat

Bat-Mite Set

Bat-Woman and Bat-Girl (Kathy and Betty Kane)

Beautiful Killer

Big Questions

Bionic Man (Dynamite)

Black Adam (2007)

Black Panther (1998)

Black Summer

Blackstone, the Magician

Blaze Carson

Blood of the Demon (DC)

Body Bags (Dark Horse)

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Brian Pulido's Lady Death: Lost Souls

Brian Pulido's Medieval Lady Death

Brightest Day

Bubble Funnies

Bullwinkle and Rocky (Marvel)

These represent 55 set requests added to the Register under "A" and "B" which are absolutely empty. None are marked "new" or "updated."

I'm sure the list from C-Z of requested sets with nothing in them would be quite long. Here's my question: Why request a set, then put nothing in it? Are people requesting sets they themselves have no intention of dealing with? If so, Why? Think of how much time and effort was wasted in creating these 55 empties -- and that's just under A and B. There are hundreds of other empties as well.

The moral of the story is this: request sets, by all means, but don't waste everybody's time by having sets created that you yourself aren't interested in. Without a doubt this would cut the set creation time down dramatically. Food for thought.

See more journals by JMoses

Before the CGC creates a set, they should set up some ground rules:

A set requester must pass a "minimum requirement" criteria... whoever is requesting a new set must prove they have at least 25 percent or more to contribute to said set in order to create the proposed new set. It like a set deposit.

Then, the CGC should monitor "empty sets" and if they remain empty for a period of 3 months or longer, due to inactivity, send a notice to whoever created the set that they have 72 hours to build a set before the set is deleted; and if the set is ultimately deleted, the set can not be rebuilt for a period of 12 months unless a new requester comes along and demonstrates proof he/she has a minimum of 25 percent to build said set.

Just some thoughts.

SW3D

mea culpa.

I admit that I am one of those requestors. Years ago, I requested either a new set or additions to the existing set for Men In Black. I had added the 1st 3 issues of this Aircel mini-series to the existing set (Vol 1). However I couldn't find a place to add the 3 issues of Vol 2.

At that point there was a tremendous backlog of requests and after some time I forgot about my request and took longer and longer to check to see if the additions were made. And they were - not as a second set, but as 3 additional slots to the existing set.

Well, one day I noticed that someone had a full 6 issue set, but when I tried to add my Vol 2 books, they were flagged as not valid for that set. To make a long story shorter, I recently had to get the Vol 2 books re-holdered and renumbered. So I finally have a complete set registered. My apoligies for contributing to this problem. I need to go check if the Alan Moore Promethea set now exists, and if so, register my copy.

Thank you for your forbearance and thanks to Gemma for her work on a thankless part of her job.