• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

Krysten Ritter On Landing The Lead In Marvel's A.K.A. JESSICA JONES

-----------------

Cosmopolitan: Were you a comic book fan before you got the role of Jessica Jones?

KR: I wasn't. It's so brand new! This is like my first interview. I wasn't, but I am now reading the Jessica Jones comics and devouring them. And [i'm] hooked. I don't think I've been so hooked on something since Serial. So now I feel that way about the Jessica Jones series. I can't wait. I mean, as soon as we're done today, that's what I am going to be doing. I'm really excited about Jessica Jones. It's so f**king cool. It's so cool. I can't wait to watch it.

-----------------

Keep that excitement going!

:applause:

Now that is a class act.

Terry Crews Weighs In On Mike Colter Being Cast As LUKE CAGE

-------------------

Terry Crews has been a fan-favourite choice to play Luke Cage for a number of years now, but as time has passed, the chances of it happening have grown slimmer (despite the fact that he's still in great shape). Even so, many fans were holding out hope that he might still nab the role in Marvel and Netflix's upcoming series, A.K.A. Jessica Jones. However, it was Mike Colter who was eventually chosen, so how does Crews feel about that exactly?

"Congratulations to my man Mike Colter for being cast as LUKE CAGE!" Crews posted on his WhoSay account (via ComicBook.com). "A brilliant actor for one of my favorite superheroes ever! Love him!"

-------------------

:applause:

She made no mention of Jessica Jones in that interview, Bosco. This is a fail.

3:52 to 4:34

;)

Oh, I missed that when I left the room. You got lucky this time.

She made no mention of Jessica Jones in that interview, Bosco. This is a fail.

3:52 to 4:34

;)

Oh, I missed that when I left the room. You got lucky this time.

18.gif

Glad I could provide you the fun viewing you desire on future CB productions.

:cloud9:

JESSICA JONES May Not Stream In 2015

---------------------

Netflix's CCO Ted Sarandos:

"Jessica Jones hasn’t started production yet, [and] a lot happens from the first day on the set to the last day of production. So we want to give [each show] enough room and enough time to make a great show, so I don’t want to set up a rigid timetable and deliver a show every eight months or every twelve months, but you should expect them about a year apart.”

As for whether Jessica Jones would premiere in 2015 as initially reported, Sarandos stated, "It’s too hard to say now."

---------------------

Now that the casting selection is out of the way for the next two characters, summaries of all the shows have been published.

Netflix Updates Info On IRON FIST, JESSICA JONES, LUKE CAGE & THE DEFENDERS

---------------------

A.K.A. Jessica Jones: Coming 2015

Luke Cage: In this Marvel live-action series, a street-fighting ex-con battles crime in New York’s Hell’s Kitchen as the superhero Luke Cage. Coming soon

Iron Fist: "Marvel’s Iron Fist" follows superhero and martial arts master Danny Rand in the upcoming live-action series. Coming soon

The Defenders: "Marvel's The Defenders" brings together Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage in an epic superhero team-up in New York City. Coming soon

Each of the four superheroes will have 13 episodes for each of their shows, and then they will team up for The Defenders. That special event will have 4 to 8 episodes as the amount hasn't been set in stone yet.

---------------------

JESSICA JONES Audition Video ----------------------We've seen some Supergirl videos already, and now these latest leaked auditions might give us an insight into one of Marvel's upcoming Netflix TV shows. Among other things, we find out that the Purple Man will most likely be one of the main villains in AKA Jessica Jones.----------------------

julia from J R on Vimeo.

Don't Expect Thomas Jane To Play The PUNISHER Again For MARVEL's NETFLIX Programs

vegan-police_480_poster.jpg

-------------------

While we've received no previous indication that the Punisher will show up on Daredevil, it would certainly be a welcome addition. However, if Frank Castle does make an appearance, he won't be played by fan-favorite Punisher actor Thomas Jane. "I feel like I've [played a true version of the character already]. That's why I did [Dirty Laundry]. I wanted to create something that was truer to my own vision of what that [Punisher (2004)] could be. I feel like I put that out there. It was really well received. I hope that The Punisher will continue. I hope they get an idea of what it can be and how to make it successful."

-------------------