• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T3: RISE OF THE MACHINES art for sale on ebay

1 post in this topic

Inking from TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES, books one and two.

I (salgood sam) was working with Ivan Brandon on -script, inking over masterfully drafted pencils by Goran Parlov, and toped off with colours Paul Mounts. This work was completed in early 2003.

This is a new ongoing series of GN being published by Beckett Comics. It was launched in tandem with the third film in the franchise, the last made before Arnold became governor Schwarzenegger. Historic factoid: this work im told represent the first time ever Arnold Schwarzenegger signed off on his likeness for a comic book. There is a quote on the front of the page of issue 1 of RISE OF THE MACHINES praising our work on the book from him. “These guys are amazing. They really get terminator. They have a real understanding of what makes these characters and situations so powerful. It’s exciting to see their work expand on the franchise” - he likes it, he really really likes it!

Ironic factoid: Arnold ran on a platform that included some very vocal decrying of the farming out of film work to Canadian production houses instead of home grown Hollywood studios. But he didn’t seem to mind a Canadian inker on the book. Oh well, not for me to complain, I got paid nicely by the folks at Beckett and it was one of the most pleasant and painless jobs I have ever had to date.

These pages are as seen now, in some places the blacks were not filled in [done digitally later] – in those cases I’ll ink them in if the buyer requests it.

Some of these are full pages, done using a light box. Then ½ of the way through or so of the first issue I switched to printing the pencils out onto 8.5x11” sheets of Bristol [braking them up into single panels or sets of a few per sheet] and inking them like that. Id scan them in and reassemble the pages in Photoshop.

These were done with mostly a small brush, though I used a brush pen on some of the first few, and a drawing pen for some of the detail work in general.

Most of this work is done on Strathmore Bristol, but a few of the light boxed pages were done using velum. Those will be mounted onto some Bristol for shipping and presentation.

Prices don not include shipping or special requests. The art will be delivered with a certificate of authenticity singed by me and detailing some of the provenance for the work.

these are the first five of a small lot i'll be posting for sale over the next two days.

Book1PG11.jpgBook1PG18.jpg

Book1PG20.jpgBook1PG32.jpgBook1PG43.jpg