Moderation action discussion
14 14

5,215 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2017 at 8:39 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Arch, I would greatly appreciate a response on this.  I log in this morning to see that I have received a warning.  The warning states (in what seems to be a pre-canned writing) that my recent post is political in nature, and sites a post I posted a week ago about the US having deployed a MOAB.  The posting was apolitical (at least in my view) mentioning a major news event.  What I noticed is that the thread, towards the end turned into a discussion on the US Drone policy (of which I had not participated)  So I am wondering, did I get a warning because a thread I started morphed into something else and I get a warning because of it? Something else?  Also what I noticed is that when I go to the new section that is supposed to show threads pulled there is nothing there for me.  Is this broken, because there is no information about what I did wrong here.  Would appreciate some feedback so I know what not to do in the future.

Edited to add: Further making things not make sense, the thread itself is still up, and not locked.  And my posts are still there, not locked or pulled.  So why did I get a warning if the posts (that got the warning) are still there?

I don't see any warnings on your account.

Maybe a mod clicked the wrong button, and then revoked it...

@Architecht, do warnings and notices get moved to the 'Your posts removed by Moderators' section, or just warnings? I have a warning, which moved, and a notice which didn't.  Both of them advised I had had posts removed however.

I'd rather have a one point warning that expires than a zero point warning that never expires.

Arch, is it OK for a CGC Mod to vote in a public poll to ask a member to leave?

Screen shot 2017-04-23 at 7.45.56 AM.png

well, the poll WAS started by the member being voted on...so maybe that counts for something. I see it as funny here where it would be quite vicious otherwise.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

well, the poll WAS started by the member being voted on...so maybe that counts for something. I see it as funny here where it would be quite vicious otherwise.

I think its hilarious that a mod has voted. Fair play to him or her. But where's me poll gone? I cant access it. I am on a train though 😃

Looks like your poll and thread got pulled right after I asked my question.

25 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Looks like your poll and thread got pulled right after I asked my question.

Right. I was on the train trying to work out what was going on @Lucky Baru. Are we saying my poll got pulled because a mod made a mistake? 

5 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Right. I was on the train trying to work out what was going on @Lucky Baru. Are we saying my poll got pulled because a mod made a mistake? 

@cgcmod11 can you advise what is going on please, either here or by PM? 

11 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I'm not.  I just stated the time-line.  I asked a question in this thread, you asked about your poll, and I answered that question.  I have no idea if it got pulled due to my question being asked or some other reason.  Only the people involved in that decision can say what took place.

1 minute ago, Lucky Baru said:

I'm not.  I just stated the time-line.  I asked a question in this thread, you asked about your poll, and I answered that question.  I have no idea if it got pulled due to my question being asked or some other reason.  Only the people involved in that decision can say what took place.

Okey dokey. Let's see if they chime in at any point then, thanks 

An attempt at damage control I would guess. I think it's less than coincidence it was pulled after both myself (in the thread) and @Lucky Baru (here) asked about a board moderator voting. 

22 hours ago, Foley said:

An attempt at damage control I would guess. I think it's less than coincidence it was pulled after both myself (in the thread) and @Lucky Baru (here) asked about a board moderator voting. 

I don't think we are going to get an answer.:cry: