• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I mean, surely 8 covers is excessive right?  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the covers are at least different as opposed to the previous covers which used the same basic character stances with a few changes to clothing.  And I also love that the backs are virgin covers.  Okay, and it's cool if the sigs are in the corresponding colors.  Aww who am I kidding, I kinda want all 8.

https://jscottcampbell.com/products/phoenix-resurrection-the-return-of-jean-grey-1-j-scott-campbell-exclusive?utm_source=J+Scott+Campbell+VIP+List&utm_campaign=ddbaf87bff-PHOENIX_RESURRECTION_1_TEASER_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d5c14a603b-ddbaf87bff-438611853&mc_cid=ddbaf87bff&mc_eid=076827f24c

Edited by ExNihilo

I saw these yesterday and I love covers C & D (Classic X-Men & Marvel Girl), so I will be targeting those for sure.  I'm not a fan of Cover H, that dark phoenix face looks horrible... 

What are everyone else's thoughts on the covers?

JSC Phoenix.jpg

Edited by Praxis52
Adding Pic

3 hours ago, Praxis52 said:

I saw these yesterday and I love covers C & D (Classic X-Men & Marvel Girl), so I will be targeting those for sure.  I'm not a fan of Cover H, that dark phoenix face looks horrible... 

What are everyone else's thoughts on the covers?

JSC Phoenix.jpg

Part of me wants to get all 8 assuming the sigs will match the color on the cover.  I just wish there was a CGC option.  Like if i could just list the CGC office as the delivery recipient, that'd be great.

As far as faves, I think I like Cover A (OG Marvel Girl), D (X-Factor Marvel Girl), and E (Gold Team Jean Grey).

No Joke this was in my previous draft  that I never submitted 'As if there wasn't enough variants, now he is adding a 4th variant moving forward it appears, I cant blame him mine as well cash in while you can but my wallet is taking a pounding'

As soon as I saw the #8 I completely lost interest. I wish that he spent more time on just ONE cover. I really hope that these don't sell out, cause if so he will be up to 16 covers this time next year.

28 minutes ago, Drill423 said:

Both signed/unsigned ultra sets sold out in under 4 minutes.  Insane. 

The sets of 8 sold out.  But you could still buy the sets of 4 individually (ie Set 1 of covers A-D, and Set 2 of covers E-H).  It's 7pm PST and both unsigned/signed are still available.

8 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Part of me wants to get all 8 assuming the sigs will match the color on the cover.  I just wish there was a CGC option.  Like if i could just list the CGC office as the delivery recipient, that'd be great.

As far as faves, I think I like Cover A (OG Marvel Girl), D (X-Factor Marvel Girl), and E (Gold Team Jean Grey).

Holy mother of God! I can't pick a favorite. There all hot and classy!!!

Amazing Spider-man Renew Your Vows #13 J.Scott Campbell cover update!

Please read if you ordered this set.

We had to wait until we knew exactly how this was going to get fixed so we just finished up details with Marvel today due to the holiday weekend. The entire print run of all 4 covers has been damaged on the back cover. This damage is anything from major creasing and tiny tears. The printer is currently in the process of making this right and we should have replacements very soon. We apologize for the delay but want to make sure the quality is right for you the customer as this was a very bad defect. Unknown Comics #unknowncomicbooks

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #13 LEG UNKNOWN COMIC BOOKS EXCLUSIVE J. SCOTT CAMPBELL 11/22/2017
a4a8c65a-0267-48a9-a7ff-64f2c04d50db.jpg