• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:
Amazing Spider-man Renew Your Vows #13 J.Scott Campbell cover update!

Please read if you ordered this set.

We had to wait until we knew exactly how this was going to get fixed so we just finished up details with Marvel today due to the holiday weekend. The entire print run of all 4 covers has been damaged on the back cover. This damage is anything from major creasing and tiny tears. The printer is currently in the process of making this right and we should have replacements very soon. We apologize for the delay but want to make sure the quality is right for you the customer as this was a very bad defect. Unknown Comics #unknowncomicbooks

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #13 LEG UNKNOWN COMIC BOOKS EXCLUSIVE J. SCOTT CAMPBELL 11/22/2017
a4a8c65a-0267-48a9-a7ff-64f2c04d50db.jpg

WOW!  I hope they (Unknown Comics) makes this right...  OUCH!

How many of y'all are ordering a Mystery Box? I've never ordered anything from his site, but at a little over $10 a book, it's hard to go wrong...............right? I assume most of what you'll get is the variants he has on sale at $15, but the 25 book box should have SOMETHING worth a flip (you can take that either way) in it. I may take a flyer on one of the 25 packs, keep what I want and see if I can move the others for at least $15 at one of the many cons I do. 

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

How many of y'all are ordering a Mystery Box? I've never ordered anything from his site, but at a little over $10 a book, it's hard to go wrong...............right? I assume most of what you'll get is the variants he has on sale at $15, but the 25 book box should have SOMETHING worth a flip (you can take that either way) in it. I may take a flyer on one of the 25 packs, keep what I want and see if I can move the others for at least $15 at one of the many cons I do. 

Thoughts?

I bought the $65 one. Hoping for a NYCC variant. 

9 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Thoughts?

I would agree it's likely just the junk he can't sell on his website going into the boxes. Keep in mind it may also be stuff like Midtown exclusive copies that retail for $5-6.

6 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I would agree it's likely just the junk he can't sell on his website going into the boxes. Keep in mind it may also be stuff like Midtown exclusive copies that retail for $5-6.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a Midtown exclusive in them. Those are in the hands of Midtown. He only has what he sells directly through his site.

Smart way to move inventory. Like buying a mystery box from anywhere. Most are duds.

16 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Thoughts?

If you are buying the mystery boxes with the intention of flipping you could walk into an lcs, spend $65 or $250 on back issues or wall books and see a far larger return on flipping than whatever you would get in the mystery box. But hey, enjoy those worthless Danger Girl and Damsels books in your mystery box.

On 11/28/2017 at 8:19 PM, Jackhartmann said:

I bought the $65 one. Hoping for a NYCC variant. 

On 11/29/2017 at 3:07 AM, Tnexus said:

On 11/29/2017 at 10:42 AM, darkstar said:

If you are buying the mystery boxes with the intention of flipping you could walk into an lcs, spend $65 or $250 on back issues or wall books and see a far larger return on flipping than whatever you would get in the mystery box. But hey, enjoy those worthless Danger Girl and Damsels books in your mystery box.

My LCS got his today and it included 16 signed books. I don't know what they are, but it seems like a decent deal, whether to flip or for a fan to keep. 

On 1/1/2018 at 7:15 PM, Imagine13 said:

I started acquiring a lot of JSC prints (11x17) and would appreciate some advice on the best method for protecting them other than picture frames/wall mount. -thanks

https://www.hotflips.com/catalog/top-loaders/prints-original-artwork-top-loaders

Simple toploaders or an art portfolio work great.

23 minutes ago, jreezy said:

This seller /ebay scammer on ebay just "sold" some J scott campbel sketches.  Feel bad for those needing to file paypal claims.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sbrcelebrityart/m.html?item=222801861319&hash=item33e0069ac7%3Ag%3AyM0AAOSwWMhaYSgl&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

meh who cares anymore.. JSC still irrelevant?