• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

What are people's thoughts about  JSC covers long term?  I have  NM Spiderman 601.   I'm wondering if this is a hold for 1 year and sale or hold for 10 years and then sell? 

601 is a common book, so I don't see it going up in price. The JSC books that are worth significant amounts of $ are his older covers. Older covers prior to him saturating the market with his store covers. Xmen 510, asm 688,  siege 3, wolverine 1, black cat #1, superior Spiderman #20 are the older books to have.

41 minutes ago, jreezy said:

601 is a common book, so I don't see it going up in price. The JSC books that are worth significant amounts of $ are his older covers. Older covers prior to him saturating the market with his store covers. Xmen 510, asm 688,  siege 3, wolverine 1, black cat #1, superior Spiderman #20 are the older books to have.

+1

My cut off for him is right around Superior Spider-Man #20.

-J.

1 hour ago, jreezy said:

He asked about ASM 601 then you said older books like 688.

:roflmao:

601 will increase in value over the years as long as he stays popular.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

He asked about ASM 601 then you said older books like 688.

:roflmao:

601 will increase in value over the years as long as he stays popular.

First of all, he opened up his question with JSC covers in general. Then asked about 601.

601 is older yes, but did I not say it’s  common ?  Asm 688 is a 1:50 Variant cover. I also said older books books prior to him  saturating the market with his store covers. The 688 came out in 2012. Didn’t he just launch his store exclusives in 2015?

Also forgot to add danger girl girl ruby red and black panther #1 partial sketch to the list. 

Edited by jreezy

8 hours ago, jreezy said:

First of all, he opened up his question with JSC covers in general. Then asked about 601.

601 is older yes, but did I not say it’s  common ?  Asm 688 is a 1:50 Variant cover. I also said older books books prior to him  saturating the market with his store covers. The 688 came out in 2012. Didn’t he just launch his store exclusives in 2015?

Also forgot to add danger girl girl ruby red and black panther #1 partial sketch to the list. 

ASM 601, 607 and 608 will hold value and increase as long as those do.

Signed 4-pack lasted about 30 minutes. Unsigned lasted under 10. I got mine in under 2 minutes. I'm getting good at it. But I think I might take a break now. 

28 minutes ago, Doktor said:

Signed 4-pack lasted about 30 minutes. Unsigned lasted under 10. I got mine in under 2 minutes. I'm getting good at it. But I think I might take a break now. 

If you set a calendar reminder and buy them right when they go on sale, you shouldn't have a problem. The unsigned 4 pack lasted for 5-6 minutes. I have to hand it to JSC, I thought he sold to resellers too, but I dont see resellers on ebay that have more than 2.

9 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I remember seeing some guy with 2 of these at exactly this same grade up on ebay about 3-4 years ago at around $1100 or so (I think it was each, but maybe it was the pair? I don't remember) & I thought it was kinda nuts. Now, I'd pretty much jump on that. And now I think I'm nuts.