• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Venom #1 Incentive.

Looks like Venom will be taking over a milleniallol

58e1c4d0-9d42-4d0c-a1bf-dcbc2b943caf.thumb.jpg.11cd13de9d035e12ab11837696788737.jpg

So, Venom will sit in his childhood bedroom (in which he still lives), smoke pot all day, and think that everything good should happen to him/her just because he/she was born...?

:bigsmile:

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So, Venom will sit in his childhood bedroom (in which he still lives), smoke pot all day, and think that everything good should happen to him/her just because he/she was born...?

He's going gluten-free.

6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

1uPAhiGm.jpg

1 minute ago, revat said:
11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

He's going gluten-free.

I was so used to seeing millennials with their faces stuck to their phone screens, I didn't even notice it was goop on his hand that they were looking at...I registered it as an Iphone 8.

:nyah:

On 4/10/2018 at 10:59 PM, Califelix said:

I have a value question...

I have an excellent, raw copy of Bubble Gun #1 customer appreciation variant by Campbell. I've tried looking online and on eBay but have only found a couple pics of it...nothing listed for sale or sold. Any ideas on value? Likely to increase? Was going to get him to sign and grade it, but not sure if it's worth it. Thoughts? I appreciate the help. 

On 4/10/2018 at 11:09 PM, ygogolak said:

The color of the sketch (#2)? i think this one is about to blow. It's not Black Cat level, but I wouldn't sell yet. Let some others come out first.

Buble Gun Vol. 2 #1 Customer Variant CGC 9.8 $250

:whistle:

Found some beauties that have been on my wishlist for a while now at Megacon Orlando. Getting all three signed and graded. Here’s hoping for high grades. Sorry for lack of scans.

Side note, price on the label of DG #2 isn’t what I paid for it. 

B1476E60-3943-4BFD-B5DD-A38F8A249F40.jpeg

329B2125-824A-42EB-8A79-643D0097682E.jpeg

CCE4453C-410C-4B62-A54E-CF58275B87F2.jpeg

Edited by Fankini

Surprised there was no discussion about the Batman # 50 covers that went on sale tonight. Pricing for posterity's sake (coupon code BATMAN50 takes an extra 15% off):

Cover A: Batman and Catwoman (central cover), limited to 2,800 copies
Cover B: 
Black Canary, Huntress, and Batwoman (left of C), limited to 2,200 copies
Cover C: Batgirl on a motorcycle (left of A)limited to 2,200 copies
Cover D: Poison Ivy and Penguin (right of A), limited to 2,200 copies
Cover E: Harley Quinn and Joker (right of D), limited to 2,200 copies

Options:

• Cover A - unsigned / SIGNED ($15 / $20)
  • THE GROOM's Set A, B & C (3 books) - unsigned / SIGNED ($90 / $110)
  • THE BRIDE's Set A, D & E (3 books) - unsigned / SIGNED ($90 / $110)
  • ULTRA Set A, B, C, D & E (5 books) - unsigned / SIGNED ($140 / $165)

Batman_50_Set5_2048x.jpg

I bought two signed sets. I missed them initially, but the Ultra signed sets came back for maybe 10 minutes around 7:40 CST. Wish I could get some unsigned sets so I could CGC them, but I missed out on that. Plus I've been getting signed sets for so long, it seems like I should just stick with tradition. Haha

1 hour ago, mbv said:

And it sold out quick.

• Cover A - unsigned / SIGNED ($15 / $20)
  • THE GROOM's Set A, B & C (3 books) - unsigned / SIGNED ($90 / $110)
  • THE BRIDE's Set A, D & E (3 books) - unsigned / SIGNED ($90 / $110)
  • ULTRA Set A, B, C, D & E (5 books) - unsigned / SIGNED ($140 / $165)

I know!!!  I went in at 7pm pst, totally forgetting about trying to order when it debuted, and saw that the Ultra Set was sold out both signed and unsigned.

I wanted the Ultra Set because it gave me 1 of every issue, but at least there was the option to order the Groom and the Bride sets, separately, 'tho that gives me an extra Cover A and costs a total of $110 x 2 = $220 as opposed to $165 + $20 or the extra Cover A, where the Ultra gave an awesome $45 discount in comparison to buying a la carte as I did... but at least I was able to get it vs going on the "wait list" figuring I didn't want to get shut-out and went for the guarantee.

The Groom Sets, signed and unsigned were available as was only the Bride's sight set and the single Cover A signed... with both Signed and Unsigned Ultra Sets, The Bride's unsigned set and the Cover A unsigned single issue all being sold out for a wait list.

At least I got 'em all autographed/signed, so that's nice and the premium was $20 per set (not per issue).  

These were really nice covers, so, very hard to pass up, as they weren't static pin-ups, but told a good story in the scene, so to speak.