• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2018 at 8:24 PM, BeachBum said:

Looks like there are some surprises in store for people opening up Campbell ASM 800 shipments!

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.23.19 PM.png

I like that surprise. Let’s see if I can find a copy.

Edited by rogue14
Verbiage

On 6/19/2018 at 12:12 AM, Tnexus said:

My assumption is that he sells only a small percentage of the Ultra sets. This forces everyone who wants both sets to have to pay more for the bride and groom sets individually. 

Buying now is a waste of money. Just wait until he does a clearance. I got a lot of popular sold out books for around half the cost.

don't know if that clearance will come with the prices they are asking on the bay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-800-J-Scott-Campbell-Variant-Set-In-Hand-Ready-To-Ship/302784981124?hash=item467f642884:g:17wAAOSwt61bLnvS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-800-COVERS-A-H-J-SCOTT-CAMPBELL-Variants-Signed-W-COA-In-Hand/273325543155?hash=item3fa378cef3:g:qdYAAOSwSCZbNE5~

1 hour ago, topcat54 said:

That's for the whole set. Some people don't want the whole set. Dr. Oct. & Green Goblin signed sets are still available from when they "re-stocked".

5 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

anyone else getting the black 800 copy as surprise or was it just reoccurring customers or large customers

The one copy posted here is the only one i've seen or heard.  I'm guessing 6/12 is a reference to how many copies were signed and gifted, but others have suggested 6/12 is the date that Todd JSC signed it.  I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was for the largest/most faithful customers, but I'm still holding out hope that my package will be one of the lucky few.

Edited by ExNihilo
JSC...dunno why I was thinking Todd McFarlane

On 6/17/2018 at 12:54 PM, godzilla43 said:

I do not really collect variants or modern books but if I see something in LCS that is like under 5$ I maybe pick it up. Really like this cover. Sometimes JSC variants and variants in general have female characters drawn sexier than normally and it does not really represent what that character really is in comics.

jsc_variant.jpg

one of my fave JSC covers! $5 is a steal.

20 hours ago, deadleg said:

Not into JSC much anymore, but I do like this cover for ASM #2 that’s coming out. 

A004BA17-9420-44C1-8E5C-99965BC930B4.jpeg

They all look like Barbies to me . . . (shrug)