• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Some resellers on Ebay are claiming the virgin covers sold out on Preview Night. I certainly @$!$%!ing hope not...

I saw one guy post that.  I'm guessing they must have only put out X number of books for sale on preview night and held back the rest for the actual con beginning today.

I also see someone running with the 1000 print run number, but again, no confirmation from an official source.

33 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I saw one guy post that.  I'm guessing they must have only put out X number of books for sale on preview night and held back the rest for the actual con beginning today.

I also see someone running with the 1000 print run number, but again, no confirmation from an official source.

Yeah, they had plenty when I went this morning. Got my set!

On 7/2/2018 at 12:04 AM, BishopT said:

My LCS gave me a good deal on all these today. Pretty excited for some of these, I remember wanting some of these so bad 20 or so years ago.

4E551CC9-DEE2-4F5D-964E-696AEDDC20F2.jpeg

0255FE77-B986-4C84-A94C-32B1D27983D1.jpeg

9C7D4EA7-D4E8-4BD3-9C2C-C651F4B23F4A.jpeg

1C15AE8E-5D2C-4760-A93B-B7DCCD308B9D.jpeg

82DD2068-B9FB-4105-A639-977EB256E112.jpeg

Nice haul!

I'm slowly trying to rebuild my Campbell collection. I sold off a lot of my bigger Danger Girl books a long time ago, including a Platinum logo Smoking Gun. Whoops.

4 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Yeah, they had plenty when I went this morning. Got my set!

Historically - on the show variants every morning he puts out X amount they sell out in less than and hour and do the same the next day. The idea is that everyone gets a chance each day, I also have experienced that they only allow 2 of each book per person of the show variants each day when they do that

1 minute ago, brianlake7 said:

Historically - on the show variants every morning he puts out X amount they sell out in less than and hour and do the same the next day. The idea is that everyone gets a chance each day, I also have experienced that they only allow 2 of each book per person of the show variants each day when they do that

Thanks. This was my first chance to buy from his booth at SDCC. Now I know!

On 7/1/2018 at 11:19 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's great! Some of those books were ultra hot.

To this day, 20 years later, I have never owned any of the smoking guns. Not a one.

is that intentional or just bad luck? I've owned 3, but only one platinum (still in my possession)

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

is that intentional or just bad luck? I've owned 3, but only one platinum (still in my possession)

Not intentional. The opportunity to own them when they were relatively cheap never came up.

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

Yes. There are unsigned ones. Dre is selling some in the modern thread.

Yeah, but Dre acquired those and had them signed earlier this month.  I'm not aware of any unsigned virgin copies being sold at SDCC directly from the JSC booth.

14 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, but Dre acquired those and had them signed earlier this month.  I'm not aware of any unsigned virgin copies being sold at SDCC directly from the JSC booth.

He has some unsigned. There were also some unsigned available at the JSC website but those went too fast for me to snag.