• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's a Shame is that I've bought books off Campbell's site that did not have coa's....

2 examples...

Xmen 92#1 psylocke covers

And 

Gwenpool #1 Paris variant. 

Also 

Gwenpool annual #1 ....

:(

Look like those were retailer and store incentives and not jscottcampbell.com releases. Probably comps that were sold in low numbers and not worth the cost of a custom COA.

16 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Depends.  I think if the line is long, you message the witness to come over when you're close.  Or the booth will flag down CGC to send a witness.  If the line is short enough, the witness will stand there with you.

Just go with CBCS. They verify sigs without needing to witness them

43 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

Just go with CBCS. They verify sigs without needing to witness them

This is a CGC forum :baiting:

CCG provides its message boards as a service to the collecting community. Although we value an open forum where users can discuss issues that affect the hobby, we do not allow our message boards to be used to promote our competitors. We will pull any posts that violate this policy and may also choose to suspend or ban the poster.

This applies equally to signature lines, Private Messages, posts or any other mechanism on the CCG web sites. If you need to promote something that CCG already provides, please use your own resources elsewhere to do it.

17 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's a Shame is that I've bought books off Campbell's site that did not have coa's....

2 examples...

Xmen 92#1 psylocke covers

And 

Gwenpool #1 Paris variant. 

Also 

Gwenpool annual #1 ....

:(

Back in the day when he only did 2 book sets when you got a signed set you only got 1 coa with it and it wasn't like the ones you get now

I never remember X-Men 92 on his site they were a Stan Lee exclusive

On 7/25/2018 at 12:19 PM, kHAoS said:

I went the other way with my purchase, once they told me about the $30 CGC tax. Realistically, I had budgeted myself to purchase and submit 10 books or so. Instead, I wound up buying 2 books and didn't even bother to submit them to CGC. If JSC continues with this practice, I probably won't be purchasing as much stuff moving forward. Based on the brisk sales of this booth all weekend, I'm pretty sure he's not hurting for my business.

Your best bet is just to be patient and wait for the masses to start auctioning them off on eBay. It’s certainly cheaper more often than not than presale prices, and at times it may even be cheaper than buying the book at the show and subbing it yourself. 

13 minutes ago, gregwynn said:

Back in the day when he only did 2 book sets when you got a signed set you only got 1 coa with it and it wasn't like the ones you get now

I never remember X-Men 92 on his site they were a Stan Lee exclusive

They did have them, but they were limited in quantity, and they were offered cheaper than the Stan Lee collectables website...

I read the description after I purchased, and it did say no coa but I thought that was normal at the time...

7 hours ago, Otter1775 said:

Good afternoon, everyone.  Ironically, I was just notified today by CGC, that my resubmission of Dange Girl 2 (Ruby Red) SS, came back a 9.8, vice the original 9.6.  Thanks to Kevhtx for the advice on resubmitting.

1285337-F001.jpg

Hat AND shorts eaten . . . :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Was the Superior #20 variant a JSC exclusive or was it available in stores? I grabbed just about all of the variants during Superior that I knew of, but didn't get that one ;)

It was a 1:50 that wasn't announced as a JSC cover by Marvel until the last minute.  

-J.