• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2018 at 3:45 PM, Otter1775 said:

Good afternoon, everyone.  Ironically, I was just notified today by CGC, that my resubmission of Dange Girl 2 (Ruby Red) SS, came back a 9.8, vice the original 9.6.  Thanks to Kevhtx for the advice on resubmitting.

1285337-F001.jpg

holy moley

7 minutes ago, Avi said:

I think JSC is losing his touch...I think this cover is terrible! Peter looks constipated, or maybe MJ needs to lose a few pounds. Peters thighs looks bulgy and does MJ have hooves in those shoes.

"Constipated" was exactly my first thought as well.  And I didn't even notice the feet until you mentioned it, but yeah, that's pretty awful.  I get that when you stretch your feet like that, the arch becomes a little more pronounced.  But there's none of that.  I have to wonder if it's an issue with the inker/colourist?  The look makes a little more sense in cover ABC when you can imagine the foot is stretching the boot.  But when the foot is exposed, there should be more of a gap where the arch should be.

As much I like the playful MJ look in covers A/B, as well as the "me-ow" of cover C, considering I was reamed so hard on the SDCC covers, this is an easy pass for me.

I've never ordered from his site before.  What with the new ASM #2 going out for sale on 8/11, what should I expect at checkout?  Will it be a 90 second sell out like it is for Mondo posters, or will it be more casual so I can go in after an hour or two and still be able to get a set? Also, is there extra charges for shipping and sales tax to California?  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Samoyed Sabaka said:

I've never ordered from his site before.  What with the new ASM #2 going out for sale on 8/11, what should I expect at checkout?  Will it be a 90 second sell out like it is for Mondo posters, or will it be more casual so I can go in after an hour or two and still be able to get a set? Also, is there extra charges for shipping and sales tax to California?  Thanks.

yeah prolly will be also the discount code ASM2 is only good for 1 day

1 hour ago, Samoyed Sabaka said:

How quickly a piece sells out kinda depends on how popular it is.  The ASM Ultra set which had all 8 books sold out in seconds.  You could order the 2 sets separately (one for books ABCD, another for EFGH), but that cost a little more.  When all was said and done full sets sold out quickly.  I feel like there have been a handful of less popular releases that took a little longer to sell out.  If you want an unsigned set, I would say that it's probably not going to be so casual that you could login a few hours later and expect a full unsigned set.  (The unsigned set usually sells out first).

And yes, shipping is extra but I have never been charged sales tax when purchasing through the online store (also a California resident).

7 hours ago, Avi said:

I think JSC is losing his touch...I think this cover is terrible! Peter looks constipated, or maybe MJ needs to lose a few pounds. Peters thighs looks bulgy and does MJ have hooves in those shoes.

Yeah that last one is pretty bad, but I do like the first 3. Some of the better ones he's put out recently. I'll pass though.

15 hours ago, Insanity said:

and heres cover 4 of 4

DkLkeUqUcAAewyb.jpg.281d225a1a26c339a7bf559798bd180b.jpg

Ten bucks says this originally was going to be Gwen or he pasted over a template of Gwen. He always draws her in a black top with bangs. MJ on the other hand basically always has swooping hair, T-shirts, and jeans/jean shorts. Her head even looks like a bad copy/paste job onto a different plane from her body. This is terrible.

Edited by Tnexus