• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Canadiancomics said:

Got a pretty crazy story involving JSC from Fan Expo Boston this past weekend! During Saturday I got to JSC's booth first thing in the morning and got the chance to get a few books signed and show him my Spider-Man jam piece. Others in line though I was crazy to ask for a sketch from JSC, but to my surprise he seemed very interested in my jam piece and I was told to come back later in the day, but it still wasn't guaranteed I'd get a sketch. As luck may have it, I found JSC on the show floor and had more time to talk to him about the project! We walked back to his booth and he began to sketch away! It was almost like having a private session with him, got to have a conversation with JSC while seeing him do his magic! His Lizard turned out great, and am so thankful to have gotten Campbell on my jam.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f0e11aea419a2f9fc01c1c92eb64eb2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0a1e079a65eac938966e55e73c3905b2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2cad2b4082f9354915fc7bf0773c8294.jpeg

That's pretty sweet, I gotta say! Interesting that he's such a fan of them :)

Congrats!

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I picked this up at Wizard World Chicago

DFF8A7C0-99BD-4793-BDE4-FAB185B50DF0.thumb.jpeg.15e4973b7fa92e874bcb4331fb04a6b0.jpeg

First off Congats!!  :foryou:

Secondly will it be graded? :shy:

Is it just a sketch on paper?

And most importantly, how did you talk him into it?

Every con I've attended or seen him post in facebook/Twitter, he's stated that he wouldn't be able do sketches. 

Lucky!!!

27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

First off Congats!!  :foryou:

Secondly will it be graded? :shy:

Is it just a sketch on paper?

And most importantly, how did you talk him into it?

Every con I've attended or seen him post in facebook/Twitter, he's stated that he wouldn't be able do sketches. 

Lucky!!!

it was already done, a dealer had it, he had it done from him sometime ago. it's on a backing board

On 8/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, Avi said:
On 8/9/2018 at 12:22 PM, Insanity said:

and heres cover 4 of 4

DkLkeUqUcAAewyb.jpg.281d225a1a26c339a7bf559798bd180b.jpg

I think JSC is losing his touch...I think this cover is terrible! Peter looks constipated, or maybe MJ needs to lose a few pounds. Peters thighs looks bulgy and does MJ have hooves in those shoes.

aka "phoning it in."

On 8/12/2018 at 3:45 PM, Canadiancomics said:

Got a pretty crazy story involving JSC from Fan Expo Boston this past weekend! During Saturday I got to JSC's booth first thing in the morning and got the chance to get a few books signed and show him my Spider-Man jam piece. Others in line though I was crazy to ask for a sketch from JSC, but to my surprise he seemed very interested in my jam piece and I was told to come back later in the day, but it still wasn't guaranteed I'd get a sketch. As luck may have it, I found JSC on the show floor and had more time to talk to him about the project! We walked back to his booth and he began to sketch away! It was almost like having a private session with him, got to have a conversation with JSC while seeing him do his magic! His Lizard turned out great, and am so thankful to have gotten Campbell on my jam.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f0e11aea419a2f9fc01c1c92eb64eb2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0a1e079a65eac938966e55e73c3905b2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2cad2b4082f9354915fc7bf0773c8294.jpeg

That is so damn cool. I absolutely love the creativeness of fans. You never would have seen these types of projects even 10-15 years ago. So awesome.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:08 AM, Insanity said:

cover 3 of 4

DkKm9tXUcAAq16O.jpg.f55aa7a01b0243d15db9723404b49258.jpg

So, did Felicia and Eddie make up in the last 30 years? (It's been 30 years??!)

The last time I saw them together, he beat the living snot out of her in ASM #316. Just destroyed her.

I was a little surprised by these. The remarks are almost identical, one of them was from a VIP event. Id be upset if I paid for a remark at such an event only to find its no really unique. Not my books, saw one on eBay and the other shared on FB.

jsc1.thumb.jpg.60a148fd5877ba4527a633bebd6573e4.jpgjsc2.thumb.jpg.6dd31484d6e200bf0e599c193a916357.jpg

14 minutes ago, Avi said:

I was a little surprised by these. The remarks are almost identical, one of them was from a VIP event. Id be upset if I paid for a remark at such an event only to find its no really unique. Not my books, saw one on eBay and the other shared on FB.

hm WOW

29 minutes ago, Avi said:

There is also this one on eBay which is similar but just a Catwoman sketch on #50...

SDCC Batman #50 w/ Catwoman sketch