• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Samoyed Sabaka said:

I just received a Campbell True Exclusive Signed book from an ebay seller.  Unfortunately, the mylar was completely split on the right hand side of the bag.  Does this happen often with these type of books?  In my personal opinion, having the bag split open is a defect, even though the issue inside is ok.  What does everyone else think?

Yes, it can happen with most types of bags. Mylar especially. I'm not sure why this would be a defect though.

Edited by ygogolak

55 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Was anyone able to get a 9.8 on the Campbell Cosmic Ghost Rider 1 SDCC glow in the dark variant?  Have not seen any yet.

I sent in one last month and it came back 9.6. Just sent in another one :wishluck:

50 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Was anyone able to get a 9.8 on the Campbell Cosmic Ghost Rider 1 SDCC glow in the dark variant?  Have not seen any yet.

I sent in one last month and it came back 9.6. Just sent in another one :wishluck:

Green label, right?

Just now, manetteska said:

Depending on how accurate the census is on the Campbell variant, 0 9.8s so far.

Ouch, I have 2 SS about to be graded along with Batman 50 JSC books. I just got my signed ASM 800 virgin Red Goblin (9.8) and Green Goblin (9.6). 

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Green label, right?

I was able to obtain 2 copies there are unsigned :shy: 

the book has flaws, I don’t know if it was the shipment of the book, the production or the paper quality but flaws are present and easily noticeable 

9.8s will be hard to come by 

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I have 7 unsigned copies...all have s0me type of spine wear....maybe 1 that might make 9.8 but doubt it

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Annoys the hell out of me...had unsigned options yesterday....now nada...jsc has been saying for weeks that he would have unsigned available and it looks like he lied...

3 minutes ago, gregwynn said:

Annoys the hell out of me...had unsigned options yesterday....now nada...jsc has been saying for weeks that he would have unsigned available and it looks like he lied...

I guess I'm a little surprised they didn't sell out at SDCC.  I was told they were print runs of 1000 and that some copies were pulled due to printing/manufacturing defects, but not enough to warrant a reprint.  As a result, the publicly available copies is somewhere <1000.  (And yes, I know any print run numbers can't be validated and we just have to take their word for it.)  But I guess since the ASM's are technically "Third Prints", maybe all the people who rushed to get the trade dress copies were happy with what they had and didn't feel compelled to pick any up virgin copies at the convention.

35 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

But he can charge more for signed for a few minutes of his time.

But I can then take his unsigned book to a signing...where he can get a $30 per book CGC signing fee...can't take a pre signed book ordered through his website for SS grading...